GSD puppy

Sprig

Visit site
He looks lovely, no wonder you are pleased with him. Will he have short hair like Zak? He looks pretty fluffy at the moment. How many of the pups have gone to working homes and how many will be pets?

Moobli

Visit site
He looks lovely, no wonder you are pleased with him. Will he have short hair like Zak? He looks pretty fluffy at the moment. How many of the pups have gone to working homes and how many will be pets?

Yes he’s standard coated so will have a coat like Zak. There were two longcoats in the litter of ten - but farms and hairy dogs don’t mix too well 😂

Moobli

Visit site

Sorry meant to say three to IPO homes, two to farms, two to police, and there’s a SARDA member interested in the last pup available. So two to active pet homes.

Clodagh

Visit site
Even so young he looks bright and alert, hopefully he will be a good and easy boy. He does have to go a long way to be as handsome as Dad!

SadKen

Visit site
Oh my, he is lovely.

I will be looking myself over the next few months, now we have lost our old boy. It's lovely to see you having a great time with the little tyke! He just gets cuter!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
That’s because you’re a spaniel person 😂

Of course, but all puppies are amazing! I just spent the evening with a gorgeous virtually all black gsd, just gorgeous, but when Sat at the top of the stairs in the semi-dark, I really wouldn't want to mess with her! There's a pic of her on my rescue Spaniel thread.

Moobli

Visit site
Of course, but all puppies are amazing! I just spent the evening with a gorgeous virtually all black gsd, just gorgeous, but when Sat at the top of the stairs in the semi-dark, I really wouldn't want to mess with her! There's a pic of her on my rescue Spaniel thread.

Off for a look ...

Clodagh

Visit site
Will he be lighter coloured than Dad when adult?
I really admire GSDs but find trhem terribly intimidating - that thoughtful stare they give you when it looks as though they are deciding 'friend or foe?'. They are too stary! He does look like a little old man in the car pic!

Moobli

Visit site
Will he be lighter coloured than Dad when adult?
I really admire GSDs but find trhem terribly intimidating - that thoughtful stare they give you when it looks as though they are deciding 'friend or foe?'. They are too stary! He does look like a little old man in the car pic!

No he’s likely to be as dark, if not a bit darker. He was extremely dark when he was born and sables start dark, then go lighter and then darken up again. I love seeing the coat change.

I think I “get” you re: the intense stare as I feel a bit the same about Rotties, despite liking them. I feel I can “read” GSDs fairly easily but Rotts not so much. I wonder how much of the fear of GSDs is down to their image as a police/military/guard dog, usually shown in the media barking, snarling or biting someone.