guess the breed (or the mix) of my irish horse

fedebrni

New User
Visit site
Hi guys!
I'm from Italy and in 2016 I've bought here in Italy an amazing 6yo mare called Sky Dancer, originally from Ireland (born in Ireland, imported in England and right after in Italy).
I know 0 informations about her past, just she could possible be a mix from an Irish Cob and an Irish Draught.
Her passport says nothing about parents or breeders...
Right now she's 14yo, 165 cm tall (16.1h I think), long mane and tail, a little bit of hairy legs, beautiful large movements (really expressive) and a big nose.
I'm not used to english and irish breeds, especially I've never heard about the Irish Draught before owning Sky.

I would love to hear from you if you have seen similar crosses or have similar experiences :)

Ps: she's still with me and we enjoy trailrides and a little bit of classical dressage. She's my lifetime horse I think!

IMG-6341.jpg
IMG-6339.jpg
IMG-6340.jpg
IMG-6342.jpg
IMG-6344.jpg
IMG-6338.jpg
IMG-6343.jpg

fedebrni

New User
Visit site
I have absolutely no guesses on breeding, but a lovely, lovely horse. Very similar to one I had years ago. But that didn't have any Irish breeding in it at all. Welcome to the forum.
thank you! Did you have a pic of her? Some here in Italy say she could be a mix with iberic blood or something similar

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
She is lovely. It's highly unlikely that she has any direct Spanish blood as there are very few Pura Raza Español horses here in Ireland, but if she has any Irish Draught or Connemara breeding, which is very probable, there will be some historic Spanish influence in there. I would guess Irish Cob, Irish Draught and maybe a dash of TB.

fedebrni

New User
Visit site
She is lovely. It's highly unlikely that she has any direct Spanish blood as there are very few Pura Raza Español horses here in Ireland, but if she has any Irish Draught or Connemara breeding, which is very probable, there will be some historic Spanish influence in there. I would guess Irish Cob, Irish Draught and maybe a dash of TB.
this is really interesting! I cannot find many infos about Irish Draught origins in internet...

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
was not referring to irish sport horse, ish as in warmish, etc.
Eh?

An ISH is an ISH, by definition an Irish Sports Horse, which can be a mix of various and eclectic breeds and types, including registered Warmbloods. It's a registery, not a breed.

What's a "warmish"?

Palindrome

Visit site
Eh?

An ISH is an ISH, by definition an Irish Sports Horse, which can be a mix of various and eclectic breeds and types, including registered Warmbloods. It's a registery, not a breed.

What's a "warmish"?
I think she meant "irishish", with the suffixe -ish like in warmish.

Lovely horse OP.