Guess What I Did Today?

JAK

Visit site
.........I rode Cob Blob!!!
shocked.gif
grin.gif

Last time I sat on a horse was about.............25 years ago!!!
shocked.gif

Don't know what possessed me but middle daughter was away for the night & egged on by YO & a fellow livery, I decided to have a little go!

A 'little go' turned into about 25 minutes - even had a trot & a tiny canter!
Legs hurt after a while, so took feet out of stirrups (ahhh, relief! LOL), then I decided to go the whole hog & ride bareback (ahhh, even greater relief! LOL), even had a bit of a trot!

Here's a photo of me looking like a monstrous fat chicken (sticky out arms! LOL) or something, having a bit of a stretch!
grin.gif

P7300033.jpg

S_N

Visit site
OOOOoooooo get you!! MD better watch out, she's gonna loose her pony!! That's awesome news J, it really is! Bet you're thrilled, but a bit achey, to be back on board again!

JAK

Visit site
Thanks Weezy & SN!
laugh.gif

I was worried I was too heavy for him - he's only 14.1hh but built like a brick whatsit - I'm about 5' but I weigh a shocking 11 stone!
shocked.gif

What do you think? (He's quite fit btw & ridden daily!)
confused.gif

S_N

Visit site
I think he he could probably carry upto 15stone of BALLANCED rider, so you've no worries!! You look good on him!

Weezy

Visit site
I can honestly say that he would have NO probs carrying 11 stone at all! You look incredibly balanced seeing you havent ridden for so long - plus kicking out stirrups PLUS getting rid of saddle

Oh

Oh

Oh

I know

You have your eye on Pony Games dont you
wink.gif
tongue.gif

S_N

Visit site
You daft begger - I totally agree with Weezy!! You look very balanced to me! SO shush about it - enjoy it!!

JAK

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
You have your eye on Pony Games dont you
wink.gif
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah right - these days I doubt I have the necessary agility to vault onto a Shetland pony!
blush.gif
crazy.gif

JAK

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Will this now be a regular activity?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, in a further moment of unexplained stupidity, I asked YO if she'd give me a bit of a lesson!
shocked.gif

I haven't told MD yet though (staying overnight at a friend's house) - she might have a complete fit at the thought of fat parent riding her precious liitle darling!
grin.gif

JAK

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
There will be no stopping you now.
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
That's what I'm afraid of!
shocked.gif
grin.gif

Might feel differently tomorrow......when I can't move! LOL

JAK

Visit site
I'm sure I could find room for a nice little weight-carrying Highland!
wink.gif

Highlands are, err, 'weight-carrying' aren't they?
blush.gif

JAK

Visit site
I nearly cried when I saw photos - sadly, one never imagines one is actually quite as large as one actually is, does one & seeing one's dumpy self in a piccie is always a bit of a shock! LOL

YO assured me CB's legs would definitely not buckle underneath him though, so I decided to 'risk it'! (I fear MD will not be of the same opinion however!) Oops!
frown.gif

JAK

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
CB is the same height as my Rosie and you weight a couple of stone less than me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, ok then - hurrah! LOL

[ QUOTE ]
Oh get a Highland though. They're so much fun.
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
But are they comfy - I must have comfy!
grin.gif

JAK

Visit site
The two girls just sat on their ponies in the middle of the school, gawping at me with their mouths open!
grin.gif

Dear eldest daughter couldn't resist calling out "Don't forget to keep your fingers closed now, mother!" (one of her own 'faults' I am constantly commenting on! LOL) - horrid child!
tongue.gif

If MD says it's ok, I'm going to have another little 'go' tomorrow (if I can move that is!)!
laugh.gif

parsley

Visit site
You look great on him - are you going to tell your daughter? Although, I suppose she will know when you climb on board again. I can't beleive you haven't ridden in 25 years when you have had cob blob to ride (obviously not for the last 25 years!)
grin.gif

Puppy

Visit site
YAY! good for you!! Got my Mum back into riding after almost a 30 year break and now theres no stopping her!!

Go on, you know you want your own little horsey!!
wink.gif
grin.gif

hellyt1

Visit site
YAY good on you! can i ask why you haven't ridden for so long? what a brave thing to do on the spur of the moment. ditto what others have said, he seems fine with you. god i wish i was anywhere near 11 stone
blush.gif

ruscara

Visit site
I have always said that once it's in your blood, it never leaves you! I wonder how many times you have thought wistfully about getting on again in those 25 years? And why you didn't? I think it's absolutely brilliant and I hope you continue to enjoy it.
smile.gif

allijudd

Visit site
just tell middle daughter the more i ride the laee i weigh!........ten just stay the same weight.....the camera piles on the pounds........!

you look great and cob blob looks like hes enjoying it!

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
I'll pack up Dolly for you! She can take you and Tom Cobley and all as you know - could take the whole Family JAK!!
blush.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
Now there's a challenge for you!

Good for you - can tell how much you enjoyed it!
grin.gif
grin.gif