gunky eyes

Cas1979

Visit site
Morning all,

My pup has been having a small discharge in his eyed in the morning. I normally clean it and doesn't appear to volmed up until next morning.

Would eyes wipes help with this?? I'm just concerned that may be an infection however it only appears to come out in the mornings?

Any advice??

Thanks

Dry Rot

Visit site
Golden Eye ointment from the chemist as a first try.

But do carefully examine the eyelids to make sure they are not turned in with the lashes touching the cornea.

If the problem persists, a trip to the vet for some antibiotic eye ointment. Forget the fancy wipes. Loo paper works just as well.

shannonandtay

Visit site
some dogs are more prone than others, I have to wipe my dogs eyes every morning but its a clear discharge that is just in the corners of her eye. She has had conjunctivitis before but this was a green profuse discharge, but as above poster said golden eye ointment is good for minor problems.

Twizzel

Visit site
Rosie has gunk in her eyes but it's reduced massively since she was put on prednisolone eye drops by the vet... he seems to think she has conjunctivitis due to a pollen allergy :( we cut her eye drops down to once a day but her eyes got redder and more gunky so back up to twice a day now.

Cas1979

Visit site
Rosie has gunk in her eyes but it's reduced massively since she was put on prednisolone eye drops by the vet... he seems to think she has conjunctivitis due to a pollen allergy :( we cut her eye drops down to once a day but her eyes got redder and more gunky so back up to twice a day now.

Oh I hope Rosie gets better soon!
If this ointment doesn't work, vet it is!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Golden Eye ointment from the chemist as a first try.

But do carefully examine the eyelids to make sure they are not turned in with the lashes touching the cornea.

If the problem persists, a trip to the vet for some antibiotic eye ointment. Forget the fancy wipes. Loo paper works just as well.

I checked the ointment the vet gave me-guess what?! Exactly the same active ingredient as Golden Eye, 1% chloramphenicol. Más barato.

Check for stuff inside eg grass seeds.