Gut balancer

HorseMad91

Visit site
Has anyone used protexin equine premium gut balancer before? I've been looking at it for my gelding and wondered if anyone has used it and had good/bad results

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Yes I have used it on my Arab last year he came back from the vets in a state very stressed and very loose droppings and not coping with going straight into complete box rest, vet advised I use it so I put him on the stress dose and he was better in about 5 days and back to normal after about 10 days, and I have just put my other Arab on it as he has been out of work and he just seemed to get a bit girthy once we started riding again and his been just a bit sensitive with rug changes and grooming, and I think the grass is rich at the moment as it's just growing so fast I thought his gut might be a bit sensitive, so yes it's a thumbs up for me I use it quite a lot.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I use it for a older possible ulcery horse and for a Shetland who's got a sensitive tummy (cow pats!)
I like it and I like the price :)

Woolly Hat n Wellies

Visit site
I put my gelding on it after he colicked last year after a stressful period (he's a 16 yr old welsh cob x). I give him the normal dose now, and the stress dose if anything potentially stressful is happening, like a few days before a field change or a long-distance ride or something. Seems to have done the job so far, and for the price I'm quite happy to keep feeding him it.

Queenbee

Visit site
its fab, another vote here for Protexin, look in the vets forum, another positive thread for this a few pages back

HorseMad91

Visit site
It looks really good and I'm glad other people have used it and had good results. My lads really girthy and tucked up and really doesn't seem to handle stress well anymore but trying to find the right supplement is so difficult now as there are so many

BlueSocks

Visit site
It's great stuff and not too expensive either. I'm not a supplement fan really but I used Protexin on my old boy a few years back when I was at my wit's end with very loose droppings, weight loss and generally really depressed condition. Used the 5 day quick fix first and it was like a miracle, his droppings were back to normal within a few days, and he gradually put his condition back on and got back to his normal self. He's been on the maintenance dose of the gut balancer ever since, I really rate it and would recommend it to anyone. At 24 I don't need to feed him any more than my youngster year round, his condition is fantastic and it really seems to keep his digestion in tip top working order!

Deltic Blue

Visit site
I've just ordered some for my mare now after reading this! :)

She's easily stressed and when she stresses her poos go very runny, hopefully this'll help settled her gut!