H-Ekwador

DollyPentreath

Visit site
Gosh, I haven’t posted on HHO Forum for a LONG time! But my research is drawing a bit of a blank so here goes.

I’m trying to find some more information on the Heraldik dressage son H Ekwador; progeny, temperament, a decent stood up photo etc. I’m particularly interested in his breeding for eventing. There are obviously a few out there according to Horse Telex https://www.horsetelex.com/horses/progeny/294058/h-ekwador mostly USA. I have found the odd YouTube video of youngsters and a couple of threads on ChronoHorse but that’s about it. I can message the stallion’s FB Page but as I don’t speak Polish I thought I’d start here!

Any information gratefully received.

DollyPentreath

Visit site
Elite Stallions have some photos, there are also some on rimondo. elite Stallions have been promoting him for Eventing but his % of blood is only 50% so you would need a good high % Of blood in the mare.

Thanks Springs, I hadn’t seen all of those. Yes, the mare I’m using is >75% blood.

Springs

Visit site
Sporthorse data has it at 59.38% it’s clear there is 100% blood on Heraldik side but the TB on the dams side is 4 generations back with Ladykiller and Cor dela Bryere, so blood part is quite diluted now as the rest of the dams breeding is all Holstiner.

ihatework

Visit site
Horsetelex has him over 73%.
For me he has super bloodlines for eventing and about the right % for a mare that has some blood and was a real proven jumper.
I’d be interested to know why he went the dressage rather than jump route though.

DollyPentreath

Visit site
Thanks both. Interesting to see those % differences. I too wonder why he went the dressage route but do think he has excellent bloodlines for eventing. Just struggling to find much background information.

Kathy657

Visit site
I looked at him, but I thought he looked a bit heavy. I wondered why he had gone down the dressage route rather than jumping. He HAAS enough blood to use foreventing (73%). ,but for me he’s not enough of a blood type.

DollyPentreath

Visit site
I looked at him, but I thought he looked a bit heavy. I wondered why he had gone down the dressage route rather than jumping. He HAAS enough blood to use foreventing (73%). ,but for me he’s not enough of a blood type.

Looking at the progeny I’ve found (via Rimondo), he doesn’t seem to throw heavy. Remove all the stallion features and I think he’s still not heavy in the frame though?

Pic of him jumping for anyone interested - https://www.facebook.com/EliteStallionsUK/posts/1989106121117022