H&H Mysteries - which ones do you want to know the ending

canteron

Visit site
I sometimes think that this forum is like always missing the last episode of a drama.

So many threads on should I or shouldn't I buy this horse/sell that horse/go to an event/leave my boyfriend for a horse. Or like the poster above Carmen's 'is my horse in foal' mystery. I really want to know! I read Patterdales 'should I go eventing' thread and still don't know whether she went or didn't on Sunday and Andiamos 'should I buy a youngster'. Lots of people make the effort to put in their thoughts, experiences and sometimes rather crazy view, but still, we will probably never know. Please posters, update us!!

My favourite is Adorable Alice on 'My next equine project'. This was a great thread, which took us through everything and AA was even kind enough to ignore the usual loony posts and carry on updating. Now thats how to deal with the public?

OK, so I should get a life, but even so, wouldn't it be nice?

Gypley

Visit site
Kind of similar, but I really miss Redmones posts. I loved hearing how Daughter and Dolly were getting on and since she moved on to Harley (Harvey??) there have been no more posts - unless ive missed them!

Bernster

Visit site
Me too, it's like not finishing a novel or tv series. I like it when people post updates and I do try to, but I don't have much of interest to post really ��

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Kind of similar, but I really miss Redmones posts. I loved hearing how Daughter and Dolly were getting on and since she moved on to Harley (Harvey??) there have been no more posts - unless ive missed them!

They still have both, daughter has a facebook page she posts just about them on.

Very often I wonder if people did the veterinary investigation suggested and if so I definitely want to know what the result was, for educational purposes as much as anything. Older regulars will often update but most don't

Fiona

Visit site
Sometimes you feel like you are talking to yourself though, well I definitely did with my coughing pony saga post a few weeks back.....

Personally, I'd always come back and update a post if HHO seemed interested.....

Fiona

Gypley

Visit site
They still have both, daughter has a facebook page she posts just about them on.

Very often I wonder if people did the veterinary investigation suggested and if so I definitely want to know what the result was, for educational purposes as much as anything. Older regulars will often update but most don't

Would you mind sending me the link to the page? would love to see how theyre getting on :)

AdorableAlice

Visit site
I sometimes think that this forum is like always missing the last episode of a drama.

My favourite is Adorable Alice on 'My next equine project'. This was a great thread, which took us through everything and AA was even kind enough to ignore the usual loony posts and carry on updating. Now thats how to deal with the public?

OK, so I should get a life, but even so, wouldn't it be nice?

Well, that is very kind of you. Ted is still around, not overly busy at the moment as being big, heavy and jet black is proving a handicap in the heatwave. His little sister, Adorable Alice is being preened for her first appearance as a small hunter on Saturday. They do have a little secret going on at the moment and all will be revealed on 9th July, so keep watching 'My Next Equine Project' as it isn't closed down, just having a quiet moment whilst I am helping a friend compete a county horse.

This is as exciting as life is getting for Ted and the team at the moment.

17778756_10211353255961263_452797449_o_zpsy7nfbxz9.jpg

Sheep

Visit site
Years ago there was a mare that had to have a skin graft while quite heavily in foal, not sure what the outcome was - OP possibly did update and I missed it or forgot!
I also remember the story of a gelding, possibly called George, who had to undergo colic surgery, not sure what the final outcome was.
Finally, it has been a while since we had a Firewell update, I'd love to know how she's getting on now.

Orangehorse

Visit site
I miss Hot to Trot too - her reports had me in stitches.

Sometimes there are really weird and wonderful personal problems on The Clubhouse, and after lots of different advice I wonder a few years on what the outcomes were.

The naughty horse ones sometimes get "well I did this and that happened ...................." but they often disappear into the ether.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
i miss redmone as well. loved seeing her daughter with dolly especially as we were with her through the early bad times when owning a pony was new and scary...i would also love the facebook link if anyone has it. thanks..

Cowpony

Visit site
I always want to know what people call their horses when they start threads about names. So rarely do they ever tell us what they have decided!

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
i miss redmone as well. loved seeing her daughter with dolly especially as we were with her through the early bad times when owning a pony was new and scary...i would also love the facebook link if anyone has it. thanks..

thankyou ester....just looked, she is doing really well and i am pleased she still has dolly. i cant believe she has had harley for 3 years, its really nice to see an update...

Evie91

Visit site
Years ago a woman used to post about a beautiful black horse called Delilah (or similar), sure she was considering putting her in foal, then left the forum.

Also man who lived in France who had beautiful property and horses, used to post lots of pics, then stopped.

Probably others but these are the two that spring to mind

Evie91

Visit site
Oh and a little dog that went missing, possible white dog, terrier type. Think there was an update that he was not found a few weeks later but I still hoped he would turn up - still troubles me that one!

Fidgety

Visit site

Definitely. We're all on a learning curve whether or not we've responded to a request for advice, so it would be nice to be updated as to what the outcome was.

Hot to Trot is one of my unfinished stories, it would be lovely to hear how/if equestrian life differs in Japan to here. :)

EventingMum

Visit site
Years ago a woman used to post about a beautiful black horse called Delilah (or similar), sure she was considering putting her in foal, then left the forum.

Also man who lived in France who had beautiful property and horses, used to post lots of pics, then stopped.

Probably others but these are the two that spring to mind

I think they were both banned. Someone, possibly Milliepops (although that could be wrong) competed Armas for a short while.

I would like to know how Patterdale got on too.

Last edited:

tristar

Visit site
we had a thread about a rescued foal, Celtic Warrior, he was a goner who made a great recovery and lots of people were very helpful, that was in march to june 2016, i`m very pleased to say he is now a lovely boy, and thanks to all who gave advice, but his story is only just starting......watch this space if ever i can put up photos!

tristar

Visit site
i thought is was milliepops, armas banderos or something, but don`t quote me on that! a spanish horse?

Leo Walker

Visit site

She did put her in foal and hes now a big strapping 3yr old. Shes another one with a Facebook page. I'll dig it out if you are interested :)

CPayne

Visit site
I think it was Tbmum who had a BOGOF that the old owner was claiming was theirs, always wondered what happened in the end. As for the club house, the top unfinished story has got to be First dates and getting tazered. I wonder if it's all still going well for them and their dogs.

sarahann1

Visit site
I still wonder what happened to horsemadmum, I really hope she managed to work through the issues with her husband and is happier now.

be positive

Visit site
I think it was Tbmum who had a BOGOF that the old owner was claiming was theirs, always wondered what happened in the end. As for the club house, the top unfinished story has got to be First dates and getting tazered. I wonder if it's all still going well for them and their dogs.

I can answer the second one, the OP can no longer log on here so has not been able to update, things are still going well although they are still not living together, he is not the impulsive type, both dogs are also very well.

CPayne

Visit site
I can answer the second one, the OP can no longer log on here so has not been able to update, things are still going well although they are still not living together, he is not the impulsive type, both dogs are also very well.

Thank you for that, very happy for them. It was one of the first posts that I remember after I joined the forum.

WelshD

Visit site

I would also love to know how they are all getting on if someone could possibly point me in the right direction

Someone on here (I think a regular user) took on a very slight all section C pony a few years back, I think they acquired him unintentionally, very sweet little chap I would love to know if they still have him

gothdolly

Visit site
I still worry about the woman with the Irish Draught who sounded really unsuitable for her, I would love hear if that story had a happy ending, or at least that everyone was ultimately ok, as I was seriously worried for her!