H&H WON'T PUT PARA TEAM ON FRONT COVER...

armchair_rider

Visit site
Actually Gracemoran I agree to some extent. I do think that the paras should have taken precedence over the Burghley winner but I don't think the nationality of the Burghley winner is particularly relevant. However I do wonder if there would have been the same degree of outcry if Burghley had been won by Mary King or another very popular British rider.

Bearskin

Visit site
Have just read Lucy Higginson's reply to the complaining letters in H and H this week. Apparently it is the FEI and BEF's fault...............

The Paralympic games, held in London, with multiple British Medal Winners compared with Burghley which happens every year? No brainer Lucy (how dare anyone think it was your fault?).

Koala Kate

Visit site
You got it so wrong Lucy ...YET AGAIN !... about time you handed the reins over to someone who understands H&H subscribers before you lose too many too recover from

CalllyH

Visit site
I did say it would be the week after due to ending slightly later and the go ahead to use the press photos........but no one listens to facts and sense do they :D

Alec Swan

Visit site
Now I am SERIOUSLY p*ssed off. The Paralympic GOLD is only won once every 4 years and in 2012 it was won by the BRITISH PARA TEAM........................... Burghley was won by an amazing New Zealand rider, but he is NOT BRITISH. Horse & Hound you are a BRITISH publication, so please tell me why the BRITISH Para Team was not your priority.......................................

This, exactly. The failure of the H&H is an insult, and not just to the Olympians, but to the now dwindling number of subscribers.

Alec.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
I did say it would be the week after due to ending slightly later and the go ahead to use the press photos........but no one listens to facts and sense do they :D

But they held the issue for the Olympians so that is a very poor excuse and surely they have the photographers and their permission sorted out well in advance as they would all like to be cover story photographers, that's what they aim for. I can't see either Kit or Trevor (if he was there) being likely to object to a front cover.

It was a bad move on both the editorial department and IPC itself, no doubt about that.

Alec Swan

Visit site
Have just read Lucy Higginson's reply to the complaining letters in H and H this week. Apparently it is the FEI and BEF's fault...............

The Paralympic games, held in London, with multiple British Medal Winners compared with Burghley which happens every year? No brainer Lucy (how dare anyone think it was your fault?).

Rest assured that the editor of he H&H will pay scant regards to yours, or my thoughts. Her employers, however, may view her popularity in a differwnt light. ;)

Alec.

silu

Visit site
Glad I stopped buying the magazine a few months back. It appears to be very slanted towards eventing and it's a disgrace that a maybe once in a lifetime achievement by a GB team was not given precedence over an annual event whoever the winner was. H&H doesn't seem to care that Britain is very proud of all our Paralympians.

Hunters

Visit site
Having just read the last 11 pages regarding this topic, h & h could have at addressed this situation by a front page photo the week after an eventing event.

Seems poor show :-(