HAAS brushes for coloured cob

saddlesore

Visit site
I know there have been threads on these brushes but has anyone tried them on a coloured or on a cob with a course coat? The blurb says they help with skin irritation but wondering how true that really is? I would cough up but only if people have seen benefits beyond a shiny bay😉- they always look great anyway!

Leo Walker

Visit site
I have :) Mines a coloured cob. They arent some sort of miracle brush but I have the schimmel and the diva. The schimmel really does drag up dirt and scurf and the diva makes him glow. I wouldnt pay mega bucks for a set but I found them reasonably cheaply on the Horze website. I got both of mine for less than £25 inc postage which isnt much more than you would pay for normal brushes.

I could probably get the same results with a dandy brush, cactus cloth, sheepskin pad and lots of elbow grease, but the Haas brushes do the same with less effort, which is always a plus in my book! Definitely worth it in my book :)

LHIS

Visit site
I've got the Pinto brush for my piebald pony, though I am yet to use it because he's shedding like crazy and it seems pointless brushing him with anything other than a shedding blade at the moment.
People seem to love them though so maybe get one to try before buying a set.

WelshD

Visit site
One of my ponies gets itchy, I use the Schimmel brush and do think it's worth it for his skin as it does get a lot of the dust and scurf to the surface

gonebananas

Visit site
Hi,mi have the bay/chestnut set but I did buy the Schimmel for white socks and it really does bring out the dirt. So far I've been really impressed with these brushes, they leave the coat so soft and shiny and the diva brush is just lush! My sensitive boy loves them, I can now brush his legs without been kicked which is a blessing

rachk89

Visit site
Sorry for thread stealing but are these good for horses with sensitive skin? My horse has a sensitive body but fine everywhere else just think these might be nicer for him. He isn't liking the shedding blade anymore on his stomach and back because the hair is starting to thin out so the sensitivity is getting worse. Doesn't really like the rubber curry comb either fussy horse.