Haas brushes

Nicnac

Visit site
Yes. I bought the universal set at Olympia as my brushes were pre-historic and it was on mega special offer. Had them about 3 years and they are brilliant. You don't need them all just get the one for your colour horse and the Schimmel.

electric_circus

Visit site
I was sceptical but got one of the Lipizzaner brushes for a song when a local tack shop closed down and thought it was worth a go for that price. I have since bought another two at full price - the Schimmel (amazing for stain removal) and the Lipizzaner are the best ones though, the softer finishing one is nice to have but less useful overall.

Equi

Visit site
I bought some at dublin about two years ago. Refused to use them due to the fact they were so expensive lol but I finally did this week and yes I do think they have brought up a bit more shine. However it could also be that I have brushed for the first time in months ?

oldie48

Visit site
I was bought some as a gift and I really like them. I had pretty bog standard cheap brushes before and they definitely make Rose's almost black coat look fantastic. You do need the proper curry comb though.

Jeni the dragon

Visit site
I love mine! Don't use them terribly often as pony is a hairy native and they work best on her summer coat. I got them with money off and yes, they were expensive but they feel lovely!

TPO

Visit site
I love grooming and have loads of brushes. I bought the Haas set too but didnt use them for a while because I didnt want them to get dirty ??

I didn't think they would make that much difference because I groomed thoroughly with good brushes but they did.

As said although they are good brushes they aren't magic. I think part of their success is that there are 4-5 steps/brushes to use so there will be a difference if the usual routine is less thorough.

I believe that the different colour sets are supposed to do with different colours of coats having different textures?

Jules111

Visit site
They were amazing for my dark bay mare. Coat was amazing, not just shiny but really felt clean. I'm not as impressed with them for my coloured with a lot of white, they're good but nothing beats a jet wash and good shampoo on all those green poo stains. xxx

holeymoley

Visit site
I have them and like TPO I didn’t use them for ages as I didn’t want to ruin them! They sat nicely in the box until I thought what the hell... they are nice. I do think they get my guy cleaner than normal brushes. How I’m not really sure.

Reactions: TPO

NLPM

Visit site
I absolutely love them and think they give a really good finish, but don't use all of them so the sets were a bit of a waste really. I ended up breaking them up between my horses so each horse has two or three brushes rather than five or six! That's largely because of how much time I have though, rather than because the brushes don't work. The first brush does a good job - I might use one more but don't do any more than two 'grooms' unless competing (and even then... the end result isn't that different!).

The Mustang is the only one I liked enough to buy for each horse, although the Schimmel is also great on hock stains and is a bit softer. The Military works well on the gelding that always seems particularly dusty. I also really like the blue 'finishing brush' with white bristles (can't remember the name... might begin with F), but only bother with that on two of them. I like the Diva more than the horses do, although one likes to shut her eyes and have her forehead brushed with it.

Rosiejazzandpia

Visit site
I've got a selection of them and I'd say the only one really worth purchasing is the schimmel and their curry comb.
I use the curry comb to loosen dirt, a cheap dandy brush that's around 10 years old to flick the scurf off. Follow up with the schimmel and finish off with a cheap body brush. Everyone compliments my horses coat and the shine. The schimmel is excellent I wouldn't read into the rest of the brushes or the colour coding, good hype and good brushes but not miracle workers

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I bought the one to remove stains from a grey and find that a damp sponge is better and not such hard work. It feels quite harsh so I rarely use it.

If that one had been good, I would have bought some more, but it was not of use so I havn't. I use brushes that I have had for years, the wooden backed ones from Horsehealth, and they do a good job without being harsh.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I’ve got better! I did buy them. My horse actually objected to the body brushes. I’ve since just bought the odd really nice brush I see on occasional saddlery trips. There are some lovely alternatives and it’s the elbow grease that makes them shine :)

LittleBayCob

Visit site
I have a set, well worth the money even when considering how long they last - I've had mine 3 years and certainly don't think they will need replacing at any point in the near future - and I don't have an incessant yearning need to buy more brushes any time I walk into a tack store!

MiniMilton

Visit site
I must really take mine out of the box to try. Probably sitting there 2 years. Like others, I was worried about them getting dirty!

TheSpottyCobby

Visit site
I don't have a full set but their curry comb is fantastic, and I definitely feel the brushes remove a lot more of the scurf than a bog standard body brush. I just chuck mine in with my usual grooming kit, no point in spending the money if I'm not going to use them, they wash up lovely and look new each time.

LegOn

Visit site
I absolutely love mine - I spent a fortune on decent brushes from lots of other brands but these are way better than any others I've used. I dont keep for 'good use' - I use them every day & everyone always comments on how shiny my horse is!

MissTyc

Visit site
I love mine. I built my own set based on my needs and I wouldn't have anything else now. To me, they were definitely worth the price.
I treat them like normal brushes i.e. they live in a dirty bucket and get used every day. Once a month, they go through the washing machine on a cold/handwash cycle inside a pillow case and come out good as new ... Ok, probably more like once every two months, but intentions count!

SpotsandBays

Visit site
I really like mine. They are pricey but if they last as long as they claim to then they are definitely worth it! Nice big brushes that fit the hand well. They do bring lots of dirt out and make the horses very shiny! I tested mine out for the first time the other day. Did half an hour with them (not a full groom but more than a quick flick!) and I was really happy with them!

Attachments

• 5A7FD56E-D528-461B-A9B0-8CCD13963074.jpeg
    5A7FD56E-D528-461B-A9B0-8CCD13963074.jpeg
    191.8 KB · Views: 13
  • DBCFDD67-A91A-4FA2-96C6-6A1FC97D8187.jpeg
    DBCFDD67-A91A-4FA2-96C6-6A1FC97D8187.jpeg
    169.3 KB · Views: 13