hack last night

Marquire

Visit site
Had a fantastic hack last night. Went out with the grumpy boy and my friend who rode the mare I have on loan for OH. My boy was like a donkey on the way out, plodding along like he was on his last legs. He is not enjoying the change in the weather and his coat is changing and this always makes him more grumpy than normal.

Anyway as he was so lacklustre we decided to go into one of the stubble field on a nearby farm (we are allowed to) and have a blast. The grumpy boy instantly perked up and we had a fantastic fast canter/gallop around the field side by side without it turning into a race. I had my dressage saddle on and dressage length stirrups (great idea!) so all I could do was stand in my stirrups and enjoy the wind rushing past my face. The mare I have on loan is a 19yo ex-show jumper and she tried to drag my friend towards some big bale straw bales which she wanted to jump. It was hilarious to watch as my friend definately didn't want to jump then. The mare was not amused coz she LOVES to jump!

The sad thing was that we got back around 6.30 and it was starting to get dusky. Next week it's probably going to be too dark to ride outside after work
frown.gif

Roll on summer!

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
aww bless - sounds like you had a great ride
smile.gif
- My mare loves to jump too and gets annoyed when people steer her away from jumps LOL.
smile.gif
It makes her want to jump them even more - and bigger
smile.gif