Hack up supplements - are they worth the money?

wish upon a star

Visit site
Hi

I've just received a formulation for a supplement that is said to have calming, digestive and toning benefits and also a suggestion for the step free, relax and ride supplement.

I have researched the brand and read through the testimonials, all of which are glowing but these are on the website and then there were a couple of threads on here which were positive. I'm just undecided whether it is worth it. I could definitely do with a calmer horse to ride and she does need more muscle tone but this would probably come with work anyway.

Basically are they effective and is it worth it? Looking at about £70 and it would potentially replace conditioning cubes and a stroppy mare supplement.

Thank you.

Bertolie

Visit site
I had my gelding on a bespoke joint supplement and would highly recommend them. Very good products that work and don't cost the earth. The joint supplement worked out at approx £16 per month. And the customer service is excellent.

BeepaStar

Visit site
The hoof and toning supplement worked well for my horse, but the joint supplement didn't.
My friend used the Step Free on her big stressy/sharp horse and it worked very well.

Dumbo

Visit site
I've had my horse on a bespoke joint and hoof supplement for nearly a month now but haven't noticed a difference. I'm going to keep on with it for now (I know I won't see hoof changes for long while) and hope it starts proving effective, especially for his joints.

spacefaer

Visit site
I've used the Step Free on several (differently) stressy horses and it's worked on all 3 of them.

Put all the horse details into the website but haven't yet tried the bespoke joint supplement - it looked promising though.

Ask Auslander on here - I know she's used hack up

Greylegs

Visit site
.... << wanders in>>>...

No idea about the supplements, but their ads are extremely annoying ....

...sorry .... <<wanders back out again>>

shadowboy

Visit site
I used step free and the digestive. To be honest I didn't see any benefit from either. I ordered three loads so it's not like I didn't try them for long.

googol

Visit site
I used step free and the digestive. To be honest I didn't see any benefit from either. I ordered three loads so it's not like I didn't try them for long.
This
I didn't notice aby difference, then I asked for the break down of what exactly was in mine and I felt like the quantities were too small to enable any of them to be effective, so I ordered the ingredients separately and make my own formula, but feed recommended quantities of each. It actually costs me the same amount of money because I bulk buy them separately, so I even a little ripped off
My friend had no joy with the calmer, or her digestive sup.
Supps probably are a bit hit or miss, but I feel they are "too" good at the positive marketing that I felt dubious, and I agree with the poster above who said it's annoying.
I am pleased to see so many people have noticed positive effects on their horses, but I didn't, and I feel it's over hyped

wish upon a star

Visit site
This
I didn't notice aby difference, then I asked for the break down of what exactly was in mine and I felt like the quantities were too small to enable any of them to be effective, so I ordered the ingredients separately and make my own formula, but feed recommended quantities of each. It actually costs me the same amount of money because I bulk buy them separately, so I even a little ripped off
My friend had no joy with the calmer, or her digestive sup.
Supps probably are a bit hit or miss, but I feel they are "too" good at the positive marketing that I felt dubious, and I agree with the poster above who said it's annoying.
I am pleased to see so many people have noticed positive effects on their horses, but I didn't, and I feel it's over hyped

Thanks everyone, bit of a mixed bag then. Interesting thought about buying the components yourself googol and all the positive marketing is what got me questioning it. Now I'm none the wiser what to do! Although literally just had the physio who identified some problem areas so that probably won't be helping her attitude to work, might see how she goes this week after her massage first.