Hack without chaperone?

indianafred

New User
Visit site
Hello!
I am looking for an establishment that will offer me and my husband hacking without a chaperone for a few hours, ideally somewhere in the southwest.

We haven't been able to afford to own our own horses for many years now, and go riding about once a year for an anniversary treat. We really miss being able to ride without a chaperone. It's not that we want to do anything that we can't do with a chaperone there, its just we really miss the freedom of riding around without someone else there.
We have special anniversary coming up and I'd love to be able to find a 3 hour, or so, hack without a chaperone. Does anyone know of anyone who would do this? I'm of course, prepared to leave a deposit or passport or whatever people would like as insurance against damage/theft of the horse etc.
I live in Devon so anywhere as close to this would be great, but we are prepared to travel.
So far I have only found a place in Wales, but they only do a minimum of 3 days, which is a bit much for people who only get to ride once a year , and a little over my budget!

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is the wrong place to post, but I didn't know where else I should post :)

Gilbey

Visit site
I think you will find this very difficult! You could try Wheal Buller in Redruth as it seems they do that sort of thing sometimes with kids:( Certainly I wouldn't let my horses out without a chaperone to some one who only rides once a year......

indianafred

New User
Visit site
Thanks for the tip.
Sorry to hear you don't think people who ride just once a year are capable of riding out alone! My husband and I are both experienced riders and have brought on many horses over the years, so I do feel that we are quite capable of riding out a couple of hacking horses for a couple of hours by ourselves, we're not that unfit! :)
But I can understand people have their own opinions on these things.