Hacking areas around North County Dublin?

Oisin.equii

New User
Visit site
Quick question as you probably know more than me, I keep my horse around the North County Dublin/Dublin-Meath Border. I take my horse to the beach at least once a month and go down to the Munny Trail annually as a hacking Holiday to have a change of seen.

I was wondering if anyone would know any hacking places around that area (even if you have to get a permit for the place and/or you have to pay)? I just don’t want to be driving for a while to get to a good hacking place.

paddi22

Visit site
i lived in that area for a while. and I used to go to carlanstown and quarrylands xc courses to hack around and play in the rivers/water etc there. donabate beach is also nice. portrane beach is also ok once the tide is miles out.

Oisin.equii

New User
Visit site
i lived in that area for a while. and I used to go to carlanstown and quarrylands xc courses to hack around and play in the rivers/water etc there. donabate beach is also nice. portrane beach is also ok once the tide is miles out.
I take him out to donabate Beach usually and portrayed on the odd occasion but never thought of carlanstown and the quarrylands.
Thanks.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
If you're on Facebook, have a look at the Hacking Buddies Ireland group, there will be plenty of people on there with suggestions for you (and possibly ones you can meet up with if you are looking for hacking buddies).