Hacking for young horses - lancs

Sabemoore3

New User
Visit site
Hellooo :)

I'm new and this is my first post (waves to all who reads this)!!!!

I'm wanting to take my youngster out and ideally would like somewhere easy to park up with trailer and take him for some off road hacking, I live in the ribble valley so looking to start local and build up to travelling further afield if needed as would love to take him to the beach!!

Can anyone give me some pointers to where is good any suggestions welcome as I've no idea where to start....

Thank you
S

hanny93

Visit site
Hi, fellow lancs here, although I'm in Accrington. We go round the local bridleways and have a bit of moorland across the road.

The Mary Towneley Loop is always a good one if you have transport? There's about 500 miles of bridlepaths if I'm not mistaken?

Sabemoore3

New User
Visit site
Thank you both that's brill will look into them, Is it good for parking up too (somewhere safe to unload and load) ?? Yes we have transport 😊 I'm based near northcote on our friends yard just no idea where any bridleways are round here and the road off our yard isn't the best for youngsters - Thanks again 😁

Last edited:

hanny93

Visit site
I'm not sure on trailer parking but I am sure there are places to do so in towneley park. There's lots of car parks and I always see horses!

I know of northcote, that road is horrific. I used to have to ride along it to get 15 mins of off-road hacking 😔 Ask your stable neighbours or yard staff if they can point you in a direction, or have a look on google maps and see if you can see anything.

We are always free for a weekend hack if you want to venture over Accrington way 😂