Pictures Hacking in Shropshire - Autumn Gold

Squeak

Visit site
Lovely views!

You should join the facebook group 'As Seen Through Horses Ears'. One of my favourite groups and some amazing hacking views from all around the world.

Reactions: jnb

dorsetladette

Visit site
Beautiful photos. Like you say if nothing else this year has taught us to appreciate what we have. I have definitely learnt to enjoy the local countryside and the things we already have.

jnb

Visit site
I would say Shropshire has some of the best hacking.
Which bit are you in @jnb ?
I'm Shropshire / Staffs border so where my yard is, is a WV postcode. We are also incredibly lucky to have a private farm ride 5/10min away by lorry - used to be a XC course but that's closed now but beautiful woodland scenery as well as the local village rides we have on the doorstep.

reynold

Visit site
When I was in my early 20s (mid 70s) we used to rent a cottage in Church Stretton and there was a stables there I used to ride at. We hacked over the Long Mynd to pubs on the other side for lunch. Cardingmill valley was a favourite and also a ride past a ruined cottage near what was then the Midland Glider Club. You are lucky to be able to hack there. Happy memories for me.

[139672]

Visit site
I live down south but been to Shropshire a few times. Loved Ludlow, so pretty. Bumped into ‘Boysie’ from Only Fools and Horses, at a lovely farm shop just outside Ludlow