Hacking - South East Wales

Happy2Hack

www.myspace.com
I currently hack around the outskirts of Cardiff but am looking into exploring some new riding a little further out! I'm sure the horses would love a change of scenery too! I have a trailer but no idea where to go. Is there anyone here who is near me or have any suggestions?
Thanks!

Llwyncwn

Visit site
If you travel about 50 miles west down the M4 to J49, I will meet you and you can come and play with my lot
laugh.gif
We are about half an hour from Pembrey where there are 1000's of acres of forestry and beach. Plenty of mountains around and quiet hacking.

Muffino lives near Caerphilly, Law lives near Aberystwyth so great hacking and beaches up there, another forum user is near Bridgend. How far did you want to travel? Im sure we would all make you welcome
cool.gif

Tikka

Visit site
Gower is nice, escpecially Three Cliff Bay, there is plenty of virety, such as sand dunes, grass and beach, plus a river, or there is Cefn Bryn, which is the second highest place in gower and there is 360 degree views (weather depending)

muffinino

Visit site
I am indeed in Caerphilly and there's quite a lot of bridlepaths, mostly in forestry, in the area. You could go out with one of the local hunts or do a pleasure ride in the area, that should give you an idea of any local ones. I don't know of any planned at the moment but Spring is around the corner so I'll pm you any details when I get them. Whereabouts are you at the moment?

If you go West towards Swansea there's loads of beaches or North East towrds Abergavenny/Monmouth there's the Beacons. I learnt to ride in Llangatog, which is out towards Abergavenny and it's all mountains and beautiful scenery.

zigzag

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Gower is nice, escpecially Three Cliff Bay, there is plenty of virety, such as sand dunes, grass and beach, plus a river, or there is Cefn Bryn, which is the second highest place in gower and there is 360 degree views (weather depending)

[/ QUOTE ]

Just watch for the odd patch of quicksand on Three Cliffs
tongue.gif

Scruff

Visit site
We're near Pencoed, and there is lots of nice off-road hilly hacking around us - another vote for Ogmore too - I was watching a horse and rider on the beach there yesterday afternoon and it just looked perfect! All inside 30 minutes from Cardiff. I'd love a hacking companion, and will definitely come and play on the beach too, once my youngster is happy about loading
smile.gif

I can recommend Brecon too - gorgeous.

OWLIE185

Visit site
How about Mid Wales to the east of Tregaron and Llandewi Breffi. There are miles of bridleways. Why not joint the Mid Wales Endurance Group as they organise loads of pleasure rides?

Mid-Wales & North Wales. Liaison contact:. Cate Langley. 01974 298183

Happy2Hack

www.myspace.com
Thanks for the replies!
I'm not looking into travelling miles and miles - just somewhere I could go and ride and go home again within a day. I've been to the beach at Kenfig, Porthcawl but other than that I need to explore!

Scruff - I could travel to Pencoed no problem. I've been to the college for a show but would love to explore the hacking!

Muffinino - My horses are based right near Caerphilly!

Happy2Hack

www.myspace.com
I do hack in the woods at Castell Coch - it's one of my local rides! If you box your horse over maybe I could hack down and meet you?

And that goes for others who have replied to me - if you'd like to come hacking in my area! My yard owners are pretty easy going and I'm sure they wouldn't mind having a box parked on the yard!