Hacking to shows?

StarFell

Visit site
Does anyone ever hack to local shows? Theres one near me tomorrow and I'm struggling for a lift, and I was wondering whether to hack there. Its about an hour away I think. The only thing is, I'm worried that it may wind my lad up a bit before I show him, he tends to be a bit "bouncy" when I school after a hack
crazy.gif

LittleSoph

southeastriders.myfanforum.org
I hacked to my first show a few weeks ago. The hack there was interesting as it was the first time I'd hacked with other horses. When we arrived he was being such a prawn! Bouncing around, side stepping, cantering on the spot... but I made him stand and watch a few classes and then gave him a trot around the warm up ring and he soon settled.
I suppose it depends on the individual horse, but I think it's a good idea. Just make sure you give him plenty of time to settle.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Yup, agree with LS. Depends on the ned, but if he's a bit silly after a hack, give yourself pleanty of time to let him walk round and chill out once he gets there.

Hope you go and have fun
grin.gif

miss_bird

Visit site
Wow seems strangge to here this questio now as every boxes to shows, but as kids as some of the older generation will remember hardly anyone had a box so we used to all hack to the local shows

katie_southwest

Visit site
I found it a disaster to be honest when I hacked to one a few weeks ago
frown.gif
I wound myself up so much about actually going to the show, by the times Id hacked there and actually done something, I was so drained I could barely get home!!!
grin.gif
numpty
blush.gif
blush.gif

On a serious note though, I get really bad knees and back if Im in the saddle too long (result of a childhood mishap with a ponio)
frown.gif
so really only go to shows if YO can take us, or if they are quite close (half hour away)
smile.gif

Trubie

Visit site
We hack to my local RC all the time for lessons and shows, also about an hour. I get a bit tired, but pony is fine...go for it
smile.gif