Had a lesson on Trainers Grand Prix Dressage horse today!

wizoz

Visit site
I had the biggest smile on my face today, my trainer wanted me to ride his top GP horse over poles and low show jumps to make his canter a bit more forward
shocked.gif
but to warm up we did the following........

A bit of shoulder in, some quarters in, a bit of half pass some 4 time changes, some 3 time changes, some 2 time changes and some 1 time changes
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Then we did some jumping and what fun that was, the last time I jumped him he was novice level dressage and used to fall over everything but this time, my gosh, he was great, nearly thought of pinching him to do some Intro's on
wink.gif
Anyway, I can honestly say that jumping, albeit only 2ft max, in a dressage saddle is not much fun! Because he was so exuberant over the jumps, I was a bit behind him and sat on the cantle a couple of times
blush.gif

So after we'd done that my trainer says, ok lets finish on some Piaffe!!!! Never done it before but hey, doesn't really matter when you're told what buttons to press
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif

I tell you, I haven't had that much fun in years, I was grinning from ear to ear. He's off to the Championships at Stoneleigh on him soon to do the Inter 1, so I hope I haven't ruined him
tongue.gif

Llwyncwn

Visit site
OMG, Im GREEN with envy
blush.gif
Maybe one day, cough, cough, my trainer will allow me to perhaps sit on her GP horse (if Im a very, very good girl), cough
grin.gif

Yes, you know who you are
cool.gif

wizoz

Visit site
Carthorse, yes, thats the idea, his canter is a bit twee, so John (trainer) wants him to express it a bit more. We are going to make a regular thing of it too!
grin.gif

I think I should explain that John (trainer & rider) is also my good friend and horse mentor.
shocked.gif
I used to have his old Intermediate eventer and was in his yard for 7 years with him, so I am lucky to have ridden all his horses. Flash (GP Horse) came to the yard when I was there, he was 5 then and he used to drive me mad, but he is 12 now and a real star. I hack out on him as a babysitter to John's youngster, who is a bit of a loon but dear old flash doesn't bat an eyelid at anything.

So I guess you could say I am very very lucky to be allowed to ride him.
grin.gif
grin.gif

wizoz

Visit site
Ah, thank you
smile.gif
I guess he knows me well and knows I won't sock him in teeth or anything else embarassing
shocked.gif

It was fab and great to be able to practise some "real" dressage again because i've only had babies and not so talented horses to do the dressage on, so it was really fun.