Had a strange dream about my old girl...

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
Last night I had a strange dream about my lovely late girl.

I dreamt she was still alive but in a retirement home. It was this really peaceful, beautiful place and she was in this field with one other horse. She was very happy, relaxed, had the sun on her back. It was so strange, she came over to me and I kissed her and stroked her, she then went off to lay down in the sun. It was odd because the fencing was like the stuff you get around tennis courts so I could not get that close to her
It was so strange, and it has made me feel a bit wobbly tonight :(

Has any one else who has lost their beloved horse had something similar and dreamed about their late horse?

MrVelvet

Visit site
How lovely. Ive had no experience of this but, if I did and dreamt she was happy and content... it would my mind at ease.

If you believe in that sort of thing.. it could have been her way of letting you know shes ok :) which would be nice. x

ladyt25

Visit site
I have had something similar. Many years back my pony died following sustaining a tendon injury and just going rapidly downhill. It was horrible and I felt quite guilty. He was 19. He had never been the most healthy pony though as he had bone spavin for one thing but he was so genuine and would do anything. Shortly after he died i had a dream that me, my sister and mum were sat on one of the hills in our filed watching the horses graze in the sun when he came galloping up from the bottom of the hill, went passed us and and to his friends. He looked so free with no stiffness or anything. I remember waking up and remembering it so vividly - I can still now and this was nearly 15years ago. It actually made me feel much happier after i'd had the dream.

a friend of mine had a similar dream when she lost her horse suddently, except in her dream her deceased horse basically showed her a visions of what was to be her next horse. I think that's quite strange but very nice all the same.

Supertrooper

Visit site
I dreamt about my girl that I lost in 2008. It was lovely, we spent time together and went for a gallop. When I got off her and after hugging her she walked away and dissapeared. I'm convinced it was her spirit coming back to tell me she was ok and I've never dreamt about her again.

It gave me comfort and that's all that matters xx

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
How lovely. Ive had no experience of this but, if I did and dreamt she was happy and content... it would my mind at ease.

If you believe in that sort of thing.. it could have been her way of letting you know shes ok :) which would be nice. x

It was a lovely dream really, but just makes me feel so sad at the same time you know.

I have had something similar. Many years back my pony died following sustaining a tendon injury and just going rapidly downhill. It was horrible and I felt quite guilty. He was 19. He had never been the most healthy pony though as he had bone spavin for one thing but he was so genuine and would do anything. Shortly after he died i had a dream that me, my sister and mum were sat on one of the hills in our filed watching the horses graze in the sun when he came galloping up from the bottom of the hill, went passed us and and to his friends. He looked so free with no stiffness or anything. I remember waking up and remembering it so vividly - I can still now and this was nearly 15years ago. It actually made me feel much happier after i'd had the dream.

a friend of mine had a similar dream when she lost her horse suddently, except in her dream her deceased horse basically showed her a visions of what was to be her next horse. I think that's quite strange but very nice all the same.

I did wonder sat here if this could be fairly common. It was such a vivid dream for me too and when I woke this morning it was very odd. Had such a busy day work I had forgotten, but it just came back to me again.

That does sound like a strange dream your friend had.

Funny how the mind works...

skydancer

Visit site
Luckily, i have never lost a horse but unfortunately i have had dreams like this about deceased people ( im not weird .. honestly) in my dreams they are perfectly healthy and happy and when i wake in the morning it makes my legs wobble for a while.:)

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
I dreamt about my girl that I lost in 2008. It was lovely, we spent time together and went for a gallop. When I got off her and after hugging her she walked away and dissapeared. I'm convinced it was her spirit coming back to tell me she was ok and I've never dreamt about her again.

It gave me comfort and that's all that matters xx

What a lovely dream, they really do have a serious impact dont they x

ladyt25

Visit site
My friend's dream was weird - surprised she's not posted on this thread. The basics were she was sat at the gate (in her dream) and it was something like her deceased horse walked through the gate, past her and disappeared and then in front of her was a big grey horse. Not that long after that she went to see a horse to buy, didn't like it but saw in another stable a huge, gangly, 4 yo grey ID mare. Long story short she bought her. Did the previous horse send her to this mare? Was it a premonition? Who knows! I like to think these dreams do mean something and I'll go with supertrooper's theory!

Holly Hocks

Visit site
Hi Moggy.
I wish I could have a similar experience, but I'm hoping that as Seren and Rebel went together that maybe he was the other horse in the field with Seren....xx

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
My friend's dream was weird - surprised she's not posted on this thread. The basics were she was sat at the gate (in her dream) and it was something like her deceased horse walked through the gate, past her and disappeared and then in front of her was a big grey horse. Not that long after that she went to see a horse to buy, didn't like it but saw in another stable a huge, gangly, 4 yo grey ID mare. Long story short she bought her. Did the previous horse send her to this mare? Was it a premonition? Who knows! I like to think these dreams do mean something and I'll go with supertrooper's theory!

That is very strange, it is weird the way you can have these spooky type dreams as it were

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
Hi Moggy.
I wish I could have a similar experience, but I'm hoping that as Seren and Rebel went together that maybe he was the other horse in the field with Seren....xx

Hey HH. You know, I could not see this other horse very clearly, as it was a large field with lovely deep green grass and as it was so vivid it was hard for me to look at anything other than her, but the horse was a fairly large bay horse i think, could not see it clearly. I just went really cold sat here. I cannot believe it is 3weeks ago tonight that she went, it feels like forever since I last saw her in reality :(
Hope your doing ok HH xx

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
Luckily, i have never lost a horse but unfortunately i have had dreams like this about deceased people ( im not weird .. honestly) in my dreams they are perfectly healthy and happy and when i wake in the morning it makes my legs wobble for a while.:)

I think my mum told me about dreams she has had about her parents, both died many years ago now, but to her they were so vivid and seems to be symbolic of something. I recall her in fact years ago, she came to visit me at work briefly and she just froze, she thought she could see her father walk past in the very near distance, very strange....

annaellie

Visit site
Not me but my mum had a dream that my two horses who I had pts were grazing on the feild side by side as they used to my mare looked up and give a neigh she said it was really vivid. My dad
was taken into hospital a few days later and died the following week me or my mum have never dreamed of them like that before or since

Tonty Tont

Visit site
These dreams sound beautiful :)

I've luckily never lost a horse, but last week I had a dream about my pony who was sold on. I was leading Tont, and my old pony Tim, through my village. I kept forgetting about Tim, and having to go back and get him. It made me feel really guilty for letting him go, and I was quite teary the next day :(

Holly Hocks

Visit site
Hey HH. You know, I could not see this other horse very clearly, as it was a large field with lovely deep green grass and as it was so vivid it was hard for me to look at anything other than her, but the horse was a fairly large bay horse i think, could not see it clearly. I just went really cold sat here. I cannot believe it is 3weeks ago tonight that she went, it feels like forever since I last saw her in reality :(
Hope your doing ok HH xx

Ah yes, that will have been Rebel - stuffing his face as always!
Yes I can't believe it's three weeks either. It seems like ages ago. My OH put me a DVD together of all the footage we have of Rebel and I watched it for the first time yesterday. It's lovely - especially the footage of me trying to get him round the CHILDREN'S clear round at the local riding club showfield and him either running through or refusing every jump! It really made me laugh remembering what a great sense of humour he had!
Hope you're doing ok and starting to feel a bit better now. xx

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
How lovely, I would take this as your horse has let you know that she is happy. Wonderful.

I hope so, i miss her terribly, it was such a strange little dream

Not me but my mum had a dream that my two horses who I had pts were grazing on the feild side by side as they used to my mare looked up and give a neigh she said it was really vivid. My dad
was taken into hospital a few days later and died the following week me or my mum have never dreamed of them like that before or since

It is strange isn't it, sorry to hear of the loss of your father and your two horses x

These dreams sound beautiful :)

I've luckily never lost a horse, but last week I had a dream about my pony who was sold on. I was leading Tont, and my old pony Tim, through my village. I kept forgetting about Tim, and having to go back and get him. It made me feel really guilty for letting him go, and I was quite teary the next day :(

It is so strange the way our dreams can play with our real life situations, the mind is a very strange thing, don't feel guilty though x

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
Ah yes, that will have been Rebel - stuffing his face as always!
Yes I can't believe it's three weeks either. It seems like ages ago. My OH put me a DVD together of all the footage we have of Rebel and I watched it for the first time yesterday. It's lovely - especially the footage of me trying to get him round the CHILDREN'S clear round at the local riding club showfield and him either running through or refusing every jump! It really made me laugh remembering what a great sense of humour he had!
Hope you're doing ok and starting to feel a bit better now. xx

What a lovely thing to have done, that sounds just lovely and a real treasure to have as a keepsake. Seren loved her food too so that lovely field was heaven for her and Rebel.
I want to get a couple of lovely pictures enlarged and framed of Seren, I want her to always have pride of place. Also I would like a portrait done as I have wanted one for years anyway, I have a beautiful piece of her mane, it was symbolic of her as it was just stunning, it is plaited with a ribbon through it and I think I would like to get it in some sort of picture box thing maybe, it is as long as my arm and just beautiful
I am due to get her ashes back soon, that will be very tough. I am doing ok, there is a hole without her, always will be a space for her, hope you and your girl are doing ok xx

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
I dream about my boy Jack a lot, it always seems so real, the hard bit is waking up and he is not there anymore, its two years now and i still miss him so much!

That was what I found hard, it was so vivid that she was still alive, and the realisation that she is not, its tough, I feel for you, he was obviously very special to you.
I hope I always dream of seren, it was so good to see her again, even if only in my dream