Had my Rugs Nicked :(

jessikaGinger

Visit site
Ahh doesnt it just P I S S you right off!!

Bit grumpy tonight as i went to get my mares rugs out to wash and make suitable for mare with foal and..They've been nicked :( I dont want to point fingers but they were in a barn - which is pitch black - so no1 would of known they were there, unless they were on the yard..

I want my own yard NOW!!!!

So yeah if anyone has any 5''3 turnout & stable rugs (thats right they took em all) they no longer need send em mi'way :eek:

I made EVERYONE at the yard aware that my mare will have to be sooo cold all winter as she has a poor owner who cant afford new one's, may aswell make them feel a little guilty....

Dancing Queen

Visit site
little shites!

i have had some many rug stolen - even off their backs - i do not ever leave anything at the yard. Keep an eye out on preloved!

Fools Motto

Visit site
Sorry, would have, as my old pony had 5'3'' and 5'6''. Sadly, little shites called rats helped themselves to the lining of the stable rug, and then decided to die, curled up in the NZ, leaving a yukky mess. I had to burn them, otherwise I would have been more than happy to send free of charge, as pony no longer with us, rugs weren't needed anyway.
Hope you can sort something out... preloved/ebay/carboot sales??

jessikaGinger

Visit site
Im gutted :( one of them was the thickest nicest rug ever..

Serves me right, i should of locked them away

:eek:Stolen off the horses back?? What is wrong with people!!!!!

Thanks cool mix Im going to start my search for some tomorrow

jessikaGinger

Visit site
Thanks guys :)

i never thought of pre loved or gumtree
a very nice lady has inboxed me and a indoor fleece is comin our way :D

Again thanks this time i Will lock them away :(

DougalJ

Visit site
I've always said that if I "lost" my rugs, it would cost more to replace them that my tack. Rugs are big money these days. How do people sleep at night when they do things like this... Hope you replace them soon.....at minimum cost!

LisW

Visit site
Horrible to have them nicked. Sorry we've nothing that size.
We had our mares rugs nicked off their backs earlier this year. They were wearing their bright red Amigo lightweights in the field on a wet night & next morning we had 2 wet horses with rugs gone. Especially hate the thought that somebody approached them both in the field to remove them.

jessikaGinger

Visit site
I feel quite lucky she wasn't wearing them, for there sake really, shes not scared to give a stranger a sly boot:eek:

Im shocked at how expensive the 'cheap makes' are now

jessikaGinger

Visit site
Yes! i really needed a heavyweight as she feels the cold a fair bit

If you could inbox me the details that would be great

Ahh there's still a few nice people out there...

appyowner

New User
Visit site
People will steal them off horses backs, there are lowlife out there who only think of what they can make out of it. A friend bought a new rug for her mare and used it straight away before postcoding it. Her horse was turned out with mine, all wearing post coded rugs and the new rug was stolen off her back. My horses were left alone because of the post codes. There was also a case a few years back where a racehorse trainer's yard was targeted and rugs stolen from horses backs. It was felt at the time it was 'horsey' people who had done it as none of the horses that were clipped with two rugs on had both rugs stolen but the unclipped ones were left naked.

Shearer

Visit site
Most places like Derby House, Robinsons, Rideaway etc have sales on at the moment, mostly lightweights/summer rugs.

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Visit site
The riding school I used to ride at was always having rugs nicked off of their horses whilst out in the fields, poor horses, even in the middle of Winter with snow on the ground they were left with nothing on.
The school resorted to painting the name of the school in foot high letters in gloss white paint on each side of the rug, they didn't lose any after that!
If you don't care how the horse will look, when you get a new lot of rugs do the same, no one will want to bother with them then.
I do exactly the same with my rugs, I use the brightest paint I can get, no one has ever stolen any of my rugs.

jessikaGinger

Visit site
I will Definatly be doing the 1foot letters i could care less what she looks like as long as shes warm, im gobsmacked how many people this has happend to tbh, if it wasnt dangerous i would bl*ody padlock them on her:eek:

thatsmygirl

Visit site
Bloody idoits but you do get them. There was a local horse to me who had the Rambo taken off the horses back during the night. ( 26yr old tb on a very wet windy winters night) the owners were very worried and called the vet the following morning when they found him as he was that cold it really effected him. They were so angry and so would I be. They now padlock their rugs on but even that has been tampered with.
I haven't got any rugs to help I'm afraid else I would off done. All mine are 4.9 or 6.6 I'm afraid

DuckToller

Visit site
I've got some 5'3, I just bought a second hand blue masta 5'3 that's come up a bit big for my skinny 12.2, only lightweight or poss medium, but no use to me. I paid £10 for it so you could have it for that. Just depends whereabouts you are, as rugs are so expensive to post that I doubt it would be worth it.

I can sort out some others and then if you are near I could meet you somewhere but obviously don't worry if you are miles away - cheaper to buy new!

jessikaGinger

Visit site
Im in wakefield, West yorkshire

Thanks guys its much appreciated i would leave her rugless but as she's feeding baby and the cold affects her i would prefer not to

I was Very angry wish i hadn't looked for them to be honestand i'd still be none the wiser:rolleyes: