Hanbury Show, Reddditch?

Llanali

Visit site
Hi,

Has anyone jumped here before? Any ideas what the ground could be like?

I've just been informed that its on grass, but my mare doesn't have stud holes, and I'm not sure whether I want to send her! It's the BN regional and YO chose this one as our second attempt (she's jumping my horse as I'm off games) but I had no idea it was grass :/

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
It's going to be a big show this year- over 150 trade stands, cows, sheep, horses, dogs- the lot! I'm very close and my ground is pretty hard, but I'm sure they'll put a lot of work into the ground for Hanbury. Will be there spectating!

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Three miles from me. We had a good dump of rain yesterday onto rock hard ground.

Hanbury has always been a popular show and this year it is much improved and includes Hoys tickets.

The show has a website which includes the secretary numbers, it may be worth giving them a call and asking if they are watering the jumping rings.

Llanali

Visit site
Thanks you two, appreciate it.
Think I don't really have a choice, she will have to go and we can just hope it's ok, apparently the rings are watered, so fingers crossed!

warriors26

New User
Visit site
The ground is really good over there at the moment. My sister is stewarding (I think) and they had a meeting there on Wednesday and she said the ground is really good. Think its firm but with plenty of good grass cover so risk of slipping without studs should be low I would imagine.
Good luck for your mare tomorrow.