Hand 6yo, Hickstead Main Arena and Dressage photo !!

Tinks81

Visit site
wooo I have been busy !!

So last Saturday (15th) up we got at 4am to go to the hand (near Bristol)

Phoenix hasnt done a lot lately so we put her in the warm up class and she jumped round for 4 faults!!

Then the 6yo she jumped a lovely clear in the first round which was 1.20m then the second round went up to ................. 1.35m bless her she has never jumped that big !!

just had coming out the double which she had already jumped 2 times before so was quite keen and it was short !!

Mega pleased with her !!

Then HICKSTEAD !!!!

She has qualified for the main ring in July so my main aim was to get her in there at the Derby meet !!

She was 10th out of 150 on the first day and qualified main arena

thursday she was drawn last to go in the fox - Nicole decided to just go for a steady clear as there was only 1 clear round !!

She was a little too steady though to a double up hill and she just had coming out!!

Anyway here are the pics from the Hand

here are the pics of Dotty my 4yo dressage horse from Oldencraig the other week when seh came 2nd at the Badminton young horse Q

PorkChop

Visit site
Phoenix is looking stunning, can she tuck her legs up anymore?! Well done for qualifying for Hickstead :D

Dotty looks very smart indeed :)

lyndsayberesford

Visit site
I really want to steal Phoenix! Love her front legs! and such an eager expression on her face.

Dotty is lovely too, but being a showjumper in my heart, Phoenix is adorable!

Tinks81

Visit site
I know her front legs are amazing arent they !!!

yep she has big shoes to fill but i think she is doing ok and its so nice that I bred her too x

lyndsayberesford

Visit site
i love the one over the green hand jump! there is literally no gap between her neck and her knees!

How did you decide which Pavitt kept the ride on phoenix? Tough call id imagine between the two! Although Louise will be kept busy on all the Brendon horses as well as looking after the baby

nikkimariet

Visit site
Love the pic of the water tray!!

How come you're selling Dotty? Sure I saw her on BD a week or so ago... (unless the intention was to always sell her and I've missed something because I'm dozy!)

Tinks81

Visit site
Love the pic of the water tray!!

How come you're selling Dotty? Sure I saw her on BD a week or so ago... (unless the intention was to always sell her and I've missed something because I'm dozy!)

She was bred for my best friend and groom but after a fall last year she broke her back and also they found out she basically had to have brain surgery (this happened 8 weeks ago) so she wont be riding let alone riding a youngster for a very long time !! this means dotty would of been wasted and as you know i am no dressage rider !!!

The decision was really hard but she would be wasted out in the field and that is even if kaz did every rides again !! its very sad x

nikkimariet

Visit site
She was bred for my best friend and groom but after a fall last year she broke her back and also they found out she basically had to have brain surgery (this happened 8 weeks ago) so she wont be riding let alone riding a youngster for a very long time !! this means dotty would of been wasted and as you know i am no dressage rider !!!

The decision was really hard but she would be wasted out in the field and that is even if kaz did every rides again !! its very sad x

Oh bum :( So sad to hear. She'll make a lovely little ride for someone though!

Tinks81

Visit site
Oh bum :( So sad to hear. She'll make a lovely little ride for someone though!

I know its a hard decision but nothing we can do !!

really want her to go to a nice home and someone that will stay in contact though so i can go and watch her in the future x

Tinks81

Visit site
Stunning horses!

Nicole is such an amazing rider, so lucky to have your horse with someone so talented, very much an admirer

Well done :)

thanks !!! she is normally ridden my Louise but Nicole qualified her while Lou was Pregnant !!

Lou get sher back this weekend for the newcomers 2nd round

TarrSteps

Visit site
Proper horses, both of them, and you and your connections are doing a super job of producing them. Just should be very pleased and proud!

Sorry to hear about your friend - I remember you mentioning the original plan way back when and I'm sure it would have been lots of fun for both of you. But you've done a lovely job of producing her and I always think that makes it much easier for a horse to find its way in life.

Tinks81

Visit site
Proper horses, both of them, and you and your connections are doing a super job of producing them. Just should be very pleased and proud!

Sorry to hear about your friend - I remember you mentioning the original plan way back when and I'm sure it would have been lots of fun for both of you. But you've done a lovely job of producing her and I always think that makes it much easier for a horse to find its way in life.

thank you i am very proud of both of them !!

I know we bred phoenix for me and dotty for kaz but its just not fair to keep dotty as i cant ride her and train her as i am not a dressage rider at all !! ha ha