Hannoverian Breed Orientation Course

elliefiz

Visit site
Have been super lucky and been accepted onto the Hannoverian Breed Orientation course which starts next week in Germany. Originally established as a training course for would be Hannoverian evaluation judges, it gained popularity and now has participants from all over the work whom attend to gain a better understanding of what the German Hannoverian Society aeek to achieve in their breeding program. Am very excited about it; the days are jammed packed with lectures and stud visits and a trip to the stallion licensing. Going to take the opportunity to also visit my brood mares and foals whilst I'm out there who are on a stud close to Bremen.
Will update this thread thoughout the course for anyone who is interested as am sure it will be a great learning experience. Here is the schedule for the 8 days. Very excited to go to Celle as the co owner of my broodmare in foal to Furstenball has leased 2 of his stallions to Celle so will be lovely to see them.

volatis

www.volatis.co.uk
Jens Meyer is lovely and a fountain of knowledge. My friend is one of his senior riders. I have bred to a number of their stallions over the years and the stud is super to deal with. Klosterhof Medigen is another stud that are so approachable and helpful and I have used their stallions too.
Always worth taking masses of notes as you will see so many horses and especially at the licensing it will all start to blur in together. But its great to refer back to in the future as the young colts start their ridden and breeding careers.
I love going to Germany and always learn so much. I am heading over there next week to the Trakehner licensing.

Be really interested to hear what you thought of the trip and especially which stallions stand out for you

okepunya

Visit site
g.png

Good thread,thanks