Happiest Horse ever

Britestar

Visit site
In October I removed the front shoes from my big horse.

I was having surgery and knew I wouldn't be able to ride him all winter.

His feet have improved, but he has hated every single step he's taken in that time.

Today, his dream came true and his front shoes went back on. I have honestly never seen a horse with a bigger grin on his face!

He went out like pepe le pew, with his tail hitched up over his back. He better have them on when he comes in tonight!!

He's not thinking about the back side of this deal - back to work for you Mr D, lol.

Jellymoon

Visit site
I had same with one of mine, thought i'd give barefoot a go as it had worked really well with another of mine who prefers no shoes, and he was so miserable...got slower and slower and quite depressed. He was happy enough in boots but they were a pain...Happiest day of our lives when the shoes went back on, he went off like a rocket with his ears forward, first time in 6m.

Other horse is the opposite, happier without them.

Just ask them, they will tell you!!

Lois Lame

Visit site
Further info about Pepé Le Pew:

he is a French skunk, who, every episode, sees the same black lady cat who he falls instantly in love with and tries to sweep off her feet, but she's not having any of it. In fact, she's driven to exhaustion by Pepe, who fails to comprehend.

oops, nearly forgot, he doesn't realise that the cat is a cat. Or perhaps he doesn't care.

Last edited:

Clodagh

Visit site
Further info about Pepé Le Pew:

he is a French skunk, who, every episode, sees the same black lady cat who he falls instantly in love with and tries to sweep off her feet, but she's not having any of it. In fact, she's driven to exhaustion by Pepe, who fails to comprehend.

oops, nearly forgot, he doesn't realise that the cat is a cat. Or perhaps he doesn't care.
I think he thinks she’s a skunk. Hho, covers all subjects including discussing the motivation behind the actions of a cartoon skunk from the 80’s. 🤣