Happiness is back in my life - as promised

Cas1979

Visit site
Hi all, as some of you may remember I lost my GSD to CDRM about 8 weeks ago and took the decision to get another friend to fill the gaps.....

Well!!! I have the huge pleasure to introduce Fudge the Lab!

He has been a diamond (shouldn't speak too soon as may jinx it) but wow, he's only had 2 accidents (only wee) since Thursday afternoon when we brought him home. Looks to go out for poo every time... whoo hoo!

Has slept both nights until 5m, which is ok, goes for his business and falls asleep about an hour later... 1st night he slept in a crate for half and then went to his bed outside the crate... 2nd night something different happen.... please don't judge me!!!..... hubby put him on the bed with me and we felt asleep all night like that, well he started by my feet, by middle of the night he was on my neck, but wow, best night for a while since Joey left me (I shared my bed with Joey every night).

150914_10200748279802235_1414099719_n.jpg

Arriving home

1012803_10200748464046841_562853710_n.jpg

1st afternoon nap on 1 of his beds (yes he has 3 at the mo and mine)

1005753_10200749036421150_1635844021_n.jpg

1st night in the crate (which didn't last long)

217304_10200757710758003_259652916_n.jpg

and 2nd night, taken over my bed..... I lost the battle!!!!

WandaMare

Visit site
Congratulations on your new friend, he looks completely adorable :)

Didn't take long for him to find his favourite sleeping place :D

dunthing

Visit site
Absolutely gorgeous. We have a 16 month old Lab and he's the best thing that's happened to us. He's very quick to learn and extremely affectionate. I'm sure you won't regret getting that little beauty.

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Gorgeous pup. I shall confess that Alfie springle spent 1 night in his crate but cried so much the 2nd night that OH lifted him on to our bed, where he has slept every night since (he is now 2) Oddly, it helped with his house training, we would feel him moving and get up and take him out to the garden, he was clean almost immediately. Not he conventional method but it worked!!

Nickijem

Visit site
Am SO pleased for you Cas. I know that Joey would definitely approve too! When I lost my first dog, I had so much trouble coming to terms it, but I spoke to my doctor and he just said without hesitation, 'get another dog'. It was the best thing I ever did. I knew I couldn't replace Sykes but I also knew that I needed a dog and I could give another dog a great home and a great life as I gave Sykes.
You will have so much fun with Fudge - he is adorable. Congratulations on becoming a mum again!:D

Cas1979

Visit site
Thank you all!
He's settling very quick and has mastered almost all house training....

I'm so happy to have him in my life.

On Thursday when he came in, I picked him up and took him where Joey's ashes are and said, Joey this is your little brother Fudge, keep him safe from heaven!!

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
i remember reading your heartbraking posts and shed a few tears for you as we have all been through it and it affects us all differently but just as deeply.

what a lovely pup, and i think you have done a sensible thing to get a completely different breed......so pleased you took the plunge.......have a lovely time with him, and your oh sounds like a bit of a diamond as well!!!!!

Superhot

Visit site
Wow, just what the doctor ordered indeed. Both you and fudge are truly lucky to have found each other. Enjoy the rest of your lives together and have loads of fun!!!

SadKen

Visit site
Really pleased for you, and he's a super little pup. I'd love to have mine on the bed but they're massive and take up all the space, the older one snores and the younger one won't sit still! Enjoy that little one, what a sweetie he is!

kal40

Visit site
Awww he is gorgeous - that first photo is great.

I have never had a dog before we got our lab and I was full of rules about what she can and can't do. How many did I stick to? Im not going to make you laugh and tell you but lets just say she is a well behaved dog that has a great life ;)

Good luck with Fudge and I'm sure you will have loads of fun x

samlg

Visit site
Wow he is just gorgeous! I did the same thing too. I found the emptiness of not having a dog was way harder to deal with than getting another one. My labs fav place is also our bed with the sofa coming in a close 2nd! They are such amazing, loyal, loving dogs. Enjoy!

City Mare

Visit site
Your previous posts broke my heart; I knew exactly how you would be feeling and its just awful.

I am so very glad that you decided, and were able, to get a new furry best friend - I know it was the only thing that helped me when I lost my beloved Max (who was a cat not a dog btw). You definitely need something to fill that fluff shaped gap and to give you something more to smile, laugh and think about.

Fudge is gorgeous and I wish you many many happy times together!