Happy Birthday Herbie!

EventingMum

Visit site
A bit of a pointless post but it's hard to believe he's a year old already! I adore this wee boy and couldn't love him more. He's so affectionate and a total joy to have around despite the odd cheeky moment, he just makes me smile so much. I often wake with his head next to mine, sandwiched between Mr EM and me.

Things got off to a rough start, we brought him home and two days later I was rushed into hospital with meningitis so I wasn't around much at the start, not ideal with a new puppy but Mr EM did his best and all worked out in the end.

He has given our other terrier a totally new lease of life and they're best friends. He spends a lot of time at home so heading to Blair was worrying but, although initially a bit overawed, he coped really well, was perfectly behaved in the hotel and made lots of new friends.

hCLYmYJm.jpg

Chiffy

Visit site
Happy birthday to Herbie, glad things have worked out well and he is such a success.
My family were at Blair with a horse in the one star, they had their mini sausage dog with them who had a great time. They were in a lorry though, not a hotel. Good to find a dog friendly one.

EventingMum

Visit site
Happy birthday to Herbie, glad things have worked out well and he is such a success.
My family were at Blair with a horse in the one star, they had their mini sausage dog with them who had a great time. They were in a lorry though, not a hotel. Good to find a dog friendly one.

We do Blair each year and have a rolling booking with the Atholl Arms, lots of people have dogs with them there. I saw your horse in the 1* dressage and xc! I miss the days when my son competed there (he now works in the stable management team) although it's definitely a more relaxing experience and I can now enjoy a good breakfast on xc day rather than being wracked with nerves!

Chiffy

Visit site
That’s true, EM. I didn’t go as we were all off to Burghley the next week. Blair was a last minute decision. The horse was a year too inexperienced really but he got the qualifications so they decided to give it a go. He has come out of it well and is going to do an ordinary novice next week to finish the season.
I thought you would have to book accommodation early, we did when we had a horse in the 2* quite a few years ago.