Happy Cassie update

nikicb

www.facebook.com
I can't believe it has been nearly four months since Cassie arrived in my life, although with Christmas and foot issues, we lost nearly two months. Hopefully we are now back on track. We are getting to know each other pretty well and each time I ride, she seems to get better. A few pictures from the past couple of weeks:

Feeling a little keen in her first quick canter after 6 weeks off and a few very boring steady sessions!

83c6b751-789d-4853-be7d-50bd1c8a21e2_zpsv12tqmqb.jpg

Settling back into serious work:

8b5f8b8b-d707-42cd-8965-e8025d9fe163_zpso4sbe0lb.jpg

a5b2e7db-5650-4f50-a61c-385d1ca13afe_zpsawfmcaxl.jpg

b26a1bd3-af1e-4f91-9d9d-538cf4a0c602_zpspfxhvrsy.jpg

0239540c-7795-42be-b7dd-11859fceabd7_zps1yoqfbpg.jpg

And then yesterday was our first little outing - a lesson away from home (our second since I got her), first time on the lorry since she arrived, first time for us together in an indoor school. I had been warned when I bought her that she could be a little sticky with loading, but with practice would be fine. She loaded like a pro. I had someone on hand at either end, but my scoop of feed was enough! She arrived, disembarked carefully, took in her new environment, and stood quietly by the lorry:

d11d43b7-9353-4a06-9c08-e23cd58a7456_zpsxfa3lrg1.jpg

And then proceeded to work beautifully, really listening. The odd look in a corner, but nothing nasty and with a slight nudge moved forwards. I love her concentrating face and ears in this picture:

1840c912-5bfc-4cf4-afdd-3abeed22cc3b_zpsvuz9ldky.jpg

Everybody needs a Cassie in their lives!! After the rubbish I have had over the past two years with Cam, I really hope that Cassie is just what I need to move on.

Thanks for reading. :) x

zebrahorse

Visit site
Looks like you two are getting on wonderfully. Great work!

I totally agree that everyone needs a Cassie, I'm getting my own in April, haha!

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Oh she is lovely! Like the matchy matchy to.

Thank you! We do try to keep up appearances! ;) x

Lush pairing, she looks super sweet and fun! Good luck :)

Thanks - she is so much fun. A typical pony. :) x

Looks like you two are getting on wonderfully. Great work!

I totally agree that everyone needs a Cassie, I'm getting my own in April, haha!

Thank you! Looking forward to hearing about your new addition when they arrive. :) x

Youse look fantastic. She steps up gorgeously & looks so studious.

Thanks! She tries so hard, but just with the right amount of attitude as well. :) x

She's a cutie. Does she seem like she's comfy again on her fronts ?

Thank you - yes she seems fine. Finding out she has previously worn pads was a great comfort, as were the X-rays. She is so forward and willing (in a sane way) that I am sticking with that as her feeling comfortable. Vet and farrier are happy as well, so time to crack on and keep everything crossed it was a blip. xx ETA that doesn't mean I won't be keeping a close eye on her, and her feet will always be kept under observation should anything change. x

Last edited:

Bernster

Visit site
Lovely to hear, I thought you deserved a decent break before this, you def do deserve one now ! Time to get out and have some fun ��

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Lovely to hear, I thought you deserved a decent break before this, you def do deserve one now ! Time to get out and have some fun ��

I know, I was beginning to think I had done something very bad in a previous life to have so much bad luck. :) x

She looks ace nikicb!! :D

Thank you! Can't beat a little bay mare. ;) x

Really really pleased to read this!

Thanks - it's such a relief. Just want to get going properly now. :) x

Lovely, she looks fab :) glad you two are having a good time together :)

Thank you - she is pretty awesome, and such a joy to have around. :) x