Happy Retirement Balthazar King

KautoStar1

Visit site
As title really.

I hope he has a long and happy retirement and he finds an enjoyable second career. I can see him team chasing.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
You wouldn't want to turn up to a team chase and find a team with Denman and King in would you ! Might as well box up and go home.

Imagine the spectacular viewing those pair would make. Hope he does go team chasing.

Clodagh

Visit site
Has Somersby retired as well? I am pleased he has gone safe and well, such a lovely horse. Too right thery should all go team chasing. they could be the 'Exchasers Teamchasers' team and could take on all comers.

Visit site
Has Somersby retired as well? I am pleased he has gone safe and well, such a lovely horse. Too right thery should all go team chasing. they could be the 'Exchasers Teamchasers' team and could take on all comers.

Add On The Fringe to that team and it would be unbeatable!

oldvic

Visit site
Somersby is going to be shown in ROR classes. He could be very successful as he is a beautiful horse.

Mariposa

Visit site
You wouldn't want to turn up to a team chase and find a team with Denman and King in would you ! Might as well box up and go home.

Many years ago I turned up at a ODE on my 14.2hh pony and guess who was the horse going round the XC a few horses before us? Mr Frisk! And he had some stops! Didn't give me a huge amount of confidence lining up next to the National winner it must be said, but we did get round and finished in front of him, honestly it made my year!

Brummyrat

Visit site
So heartwarming to hear these heroes get the retirement they deserve, always had a real soft spot for Wishfull Thinking and used to watch behind a cushion when he ran after that pearler he had a Cheltenham. Happy retirement boys and thanks for the memories.

Clodagh

Visit site
So heartwarming to hear these heroes get the retirement they deserve, always had a real soft spot for Wishfull Thinking and used to watch behind a cushion when he ran after that pearler he had a Cheltenham. Happy retirement boys and thanks for the memories.

I wonder what he is going to doing? On Philip Hobbs FB page it just said he was off to Ireland. I hope we see him out and about, I always remember that hideous fall when I see him run, too.

Visit site
To add to the list of retirements is one of the best Northern jockeys of recent times with a love of staying chases.

Peter Buchanan has ridden his last ride in Britain. He has a couple of rides at Punchestown next week before leaving the saddle behind him. Pete has been an absolute pleasure to work with. He is a true horse man through and through.

Over the years and the many horses he has ridden 3 hold his heart more than any. Forest Gunner - a horse that jumped for fun, took him round Nationals and won the Topham over the big fences for him. Lie Forrit - he inherited the ride after the passing of one his best friends, Campbell Gillies, and what a job he did of him! He certainly did Campbell proud.

The horse that stands out most for him was the wonderful Silver By Nature. A more genuine horse you couldn't even imagine. When those two hit the track they were a mighty for to be reckoned with.

I hope he enjoys his 'retirement'. The yard will be a lesser place without him that's for sure!

scotlass

Visit site
Another one to add to the retirement list ... the 15 year old Uncle Junior. Ran a very creditable 4th in the cross country race at Punchestown yesterday on his last run.

Clodagh

Visit site
To add to the list of retirements is one of the best Northern jockeys of recent times with a love of staying chases.

Peter Buchanan has ridden his last ride in Britain. He has a couple of rides at Punchestown next week before leaving the saddle behind him. Pete has been an absolute pleasure to work with. He is a true horse man through and through.

Over the years and the many horses he has ridden 3 hold his heart more than any. Forest Gunner - a horse that jumped for fun, took him round Nationals and won the Topham over the big fences for him. Lie Forrit - he inherited the ride after the passing of one his best friends, Campbell Gillies, and what a job he did of him! He certainly did Campbell proud.

The horse that stands out most for him was the wonderful Silver By Nature. A more genuine horse you couldn't even imagine. When those two hit the track they were a mighty for to be reckoned with.

I hope he enjoys his 'retirement'. The yard will be a lesser place without him that's for sure!

I missed this post - hence my query on the other thread. I hope he enjoys Punchestown, he always comes across as such a nice man.

I am so glad they retired Uncle Junior, he is a lovely horse too. :)

scotlass

Visit site
Yet another to be added to the list ... 2014 Grand National winner Pineau de Re.

His new career still to be decided but according to Dr Newlands "may go to do something with the Retraining of Racehorses charity".