Happy Retirement Sprinter Sacre

Clodagh

Visit site
I wonder what he will do? I am crying here, having watched him win Cheltenham again. (Replay!). I love him and am so glad he goes out at the top.

TelH

Visit site
It has been suggested on several occasions that I am made of stone, such is my ability to appear emotionless, but even I nearly cried when he won the Champion Chase in March.

http://www.snappytv.com/tc/1560583 (Link to Ch4 Racing's genius video of Sprinter Sacre and 'The Possible Dream')

Happy Retirement Sprinter, thank you for the memories.

Fools Motto

Visit site
I'm hopeless when I see grown men cry (or try not to). His lad is really struggling parading him around at Cheltenham. Who can blame him.

Hope he has many a happy year in retirement.

scotlass

Visit site
Can't remember the last time I've felt so relieved to see a racehorse retire in one piece. Wishing him a long, happy retirement from racing and whatever his new career may be. If he takes up showing, someone is going to be very lucky to sit on such a beautiful horse.

So upsetting about Simonsig. I've worried every time this horse has made a "comeback" from what seems like an extensive variety of problems over the last three years.

Visit site
Such a sad day for National Hunt Racing.

Whilst I have never been the world's biggest fan of Sprinter Sacre I appreciated him for what he was, a very good horse with a phenomenal jump in him. Let's hope he has a long and happy retirement.

Simonsig was another wonderful horse who deserved a good retirement. Sometimes I wonder why horses get brought back in time and time again after injuries, especially the good ones who are always much more scrutinised by the public.

RIP fella x

Visit site
Such a sad day for National Hunt Racing.

Whilst I have never been the world's biggest fan of Sprinter Sacre I appreciated him for what he was, a very good horse with a phenomenal jump in him. Let's hope he has a long and happy retirement.

Simonsig was another wonderful horse who deserved a good retirement. Sometimes I wonder why horses get brought back in time and time again after injuries, especially the good ones who are always much more scrutinised by the public.

RIyP fella x

Brummyrat

Visit site
Terrible news about Simonsig, can't get over it and can't bring myself to watch the race. But I am also so relieved to see Sprinter Sacre allowed to retire in one piece, we will miss him but after the phenomenal last season I was dreading the day we witnessed him being beaten by a young upstart. Such a stunning looking horse. Wishing him a long and happy retirement.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
I was in bits watching him last season; The Impossible Dream indeed, that whole hearted Cheltenham Roar when he pulled himself to the front and stormed away then watching him go strutt himself like the Majesty he was yesterday was no easier either. I hope he goes on to have an enjoyable and long retirement even if that is just to a field with mates, hopefully not to be trussed up like a dressage chicken though.
He owes nobody anything, we owe him for all the fabulous memories he gave us. Has Alastair done a piece on him yet because no doubt I'll be in bits again?

As to Simonsig; sad times, you have to feel for the lads going home without him; friend was right opposite the fence and she has nothing but praise for Barry and how quick and quietly he was to handle him immediately after.

Clodagh

Visit site
I was in bits watching him last season; The Impossible Dream indeed, that whole hearted Cheltenham Roar when he pulled himself to the front and stormed away then watching him go strutt himself like the Majesty he was yesterday was no easier either. I hope he goes on to have an enjoyable and long retirement even if that is just to a field with mates, hopefully not to be trussed up like a dressage chicken though.
He owes nobody anything, we owe him for all the fabulous memories he gave us. Has Alastair done a piece on him yet because no doubt I'll be in bits again?

As to Simonsig; sad times, you have to feel for the lads going home without him; friend was right opposite the fence and she has nothing but praise for Barry and how quick and quietly he was to handle him immediately after.

I bawl at the impossible dream clip. What a horse. He is going to retire to his summer field I saw on FB somewhere, but will come back to parade at Cheltenham. Do you remember Red Rum being paraded before the National? He used to go mad, I felt sorry for him but SS looked like he loved it yesterday.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
LOL, me too and Cheltenham wouldn't be the same without him in some form or another; he's synonymous with the place I think. NH said yesterday that he'd enjoy it all but he'd be upset he wasn't going with the others for a spin at the end as he enjoyed it so much, that was what he lived for. I expect he'll go back to Minty's then if that's the case, great place not far from here where he'll be spoiled rotten.

Lots of good horses have come back after injury and done well but I think it was his charisma which set him apart right from the start; there was always this anticipation about him and watching him which pumped the heart more than others. That's not to say others aren't just as important, just that he stood out from the crowd more than most, the eye was always drawn to him.

Luci07

Visit site
I loved watching him. I saw him parade at Cheltenham (before his injury) and that horse strutted like a rock star. He was looking at the crowds on his way down to the parade ring and was every inch the champion.

His comeback was remarkable and I too, am glad he retired sound though so sad about losing Simonsig immediately after.

Can you imagine this horse out team chasing? Or hunting if possible? Still, whatever his owners have in store, I am very glad we will see him in the future.

Clodagh

Visit site
CLODAGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You've done it again, blast you, x

My OH knows I am mad now, he can't work out why I read/watch stuff that upsets me! RacingUK showed Sprinter's biggest wins this afternoon, I just watched it now. His Champion Chase win 2016 gets me every time, even without the music!

claracanter

Visit site
My OH knows I am mad now, he can't work out why I read/watch stuff that upsets me! RacingUK showed Sprinter's biggest wins this afternoon, I just watched it now. His Champion Chase win 2016 gets me every time, even without the music!

I'm the same as you Clodagh. Sprinter was one of my all time favs. Such a sad weekend, last weekend. But at least he retired in one piece.
And as for the beautiful grey fella, when we were in Cape Town a few years ago we drove past a vineyard called Simonsig. I was so excited and my husband as would any normal person, was nonplussed by its connection to Nicky Henderson beautiful grey.