Hard lump above eye

ImmyS

Visit site
Found Fin with a new boney type lump above his eye. Turned out alone, no sign of trauma or foreign body - he is eating, drinking and his normal happy self. Eye looks fine, no discharge from eye or nose. Seems a bit sensitive to touch but he did try and rub his head in me for a scratch so not too sensitive. Have sent pictures to the vet and spoken to them who have advised to monitor for now as long as he is eating and drinking and no swelling/deterioration to his eye etc.
Just thought I would post here as a bit of an odd lump! And thought might be interesting for people. Similar presentation to suturitis (spelling?) but seems in the wrong place. Just wondering if anyone else has had similar?

C6249E02-FEC9-4387-8D7E-07575AEA857A.jpeg6D4F50EC-CF85-466A-AB6A-412606D23757.jpegEC0EF3AD-3A38-4FE4-A3F1-E8734100C3F4.jpeg

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I'd be pretty certain he's knocked his eyebrow on something, I saw it so often when I owned a habitual head basher. If it's not sore, I'd try not to worry (ha!) and it will probably go down.

PurBee

Visit site
Gosh thats quite a lump! As ycbm says...
His upper eyelid seems a bit swollen too doesnt it?...suggesting he’s banged it.
Hope it goes down soon. Shame you cant gaffa tape a pack of frozen peas to his head to reduce the swelling!

ImmyS

Visit site
I'd be pretty certain he's knocked his eyebrow on something, I saw it so often when I owned a habitual head basher. If it's not sore, I'd try not to worry (ha!) and it will probably go down.

I hope so! It does look a bit odd bless him ? literally the loveliest grassy field and he finds something to bang his head on. He does like a good scratch though so would surprise me if he’s bashed it on something! Ahh horses ehh!

ImmyS

Visit site
Gosh thats quite a lump! As ycbm says...
His upper eyelid seems a bit swollen too doesnt it?...suggesting he’s banged it.
Hope it goes down soon. Shame you cant gaffa tape a pack of frozen peas to his head to reduce the swelling!

its funny because from some angles you can hardly notice it and others I’m like wow that’s huge! I didn’t even notice it at first as he came over for a head rub and whickering for his breakfast! Really hoping it is just bruising and goes down ??he’s such a handsome fella without the golf ball on his head ?