Harry Evans

Ceriann

Visit site
Absolutely horrified me - I watched one of the videos as I hadn’t read the messages to warn on content. He’s incredibly cruel but also either arrogant or stupid (or a mix of both) - in a world currently more focussed than ever on social media he’s made these available with him plain to see and with commentary. I can only hope the fact the authorities are quieter due to lockdown and social media is after him that this is properly pursued.

holeymoley

Visit site
I’ve only seen the screenshots but that’s enough for me. Absolutely disgusting excuse of a person. Makes me ill.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
I am on leave today so able to spend more time with the horses in a leisurely rather than structured way. Simply leaning on a gate watching my little group peacefully grazing I started to think about the horses in the hands of Evans and what they have suffered.

I just don't understand how anyone can be cruel and get obviously get pleasure from it. Many horses suffer neglect and poor practice from ignorant owners, but Evans is on another level. I hope the Irish authorities can deal with it there end and I hope the exposure in the UK will help stop people from buying horses from bin end dealers.

Mine all had an extra pat and cuddle this morning and were told they have no idea how lucky they are.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
I am on leave today so able to spend more time with the horses in a leisurely rather than structured way. Simply leaning on a gate watching my little group peacefully grazing I started to think about the horses in the hands of Evans and what they have suffered.

I just don't understand how anyone can be cruel and get obviously get pleasure from it. Many horses suffer neglect and poor practice from ignorant owners, but Evans is on another level. I hope the Irish authorities can deal with it there end and I hope the exposure in the UK will help stop people from buying horses from bin end dealers.

Mine all had an extra pat and cuddle this morning and were told they have no idea how lucky they are.
He is in Northern Ireland, which has the highest rate of animal cruelty in the UK apparently (also the centre of dog fighting rings; wild life and exotic animal trade hub too). Despicable human being, I've signed and shared the petition.

clairefeekerry1

Visit site

I did exactly the same yesterday morning. Woke up, looked at fb and it was the first thing I saw. When I checked my boys I felt the urge to give them a big pat and hug on the basis of what I’d seen that morning.

smolmaus

Visit site
He is in Northern Ireland, which has the highest rate of animal cruelty in the UK apparently (also the centre of dog fighting rings; wild life and exotic animal trade hub too).
I would believe this but haven't heard of any stats available. Hard to get that kind of data I suppose. Certainly we have had a lot of high profile cases in recent years and if there's anything I can see ex-(or current)paramilitary lads being into its dog fighting.

Edit: 45 animal cruelty convictions for 2 million population in 2018 vs 148 convictions in England and wales for a pop of 58 million.

Wheels

Visit site
I would believe this but haven't heard of any stats available. Hard to get that kind of data I suppose. Certainly we have had a lot of high profile cases in recent years and if there's anything I can see ex-(or current)paramilitary lads being into its dog fighting.

Edit: 45 animal cruelty convictions for 2 million population in 2018 vs 148 convictions in England and wales for a pop of 58 million.

Does that mean we have more cruelty per head of population in NI or are we better at convicting people here?

smolmaus

Visit site
Does that mean we have more cruelty per head of population in NI or are we better at convicting people here?
I would hope its not the former but I am not really equipped to do a deep dive into sentencing regulations tbh.

From the 2019 DAERA-NI report "Although the increase in the total of complaints received from the previous year was relatively small, there were 9,553 inspections carried out during 2018. In addition, a total of 42 prosecutions were completed, a significant increase on the previous year. "

England and wales had ~10,000 investigations. So NI is "inspecting" almost the same no of cases. Still hard to tell since different bodies are responsible and probably have different standards for what an "inspection" means vs an actual criminal investigation. Certainly tho we are improving on convictions year on year. It makes no sense that the no. of sadists living here doubled in 12 months.

Jules111

Visit site
Those videos and pictures are heart-breaking. I wonder how many of those poor creatures were re-homed or sold on by owners who couldn't face putting to sleep and wanted a companion home, or were they sold cheaply to a "forever" home for a quieter life. It really makes me determined that my guys will be with me till the end. No criticism to anybody who sells, I'm very grateful that the people who owned my boys before I did looked after them to the best of their ability and sold them on to me. Videos like this really do highlight how there are most definitely fates worse than PTS, once horses are sold on it's impossible to guarantee a cruelty free life. Those poor animals deserve so much better.

I wouldn't want to say what the cruel, evil person in those pictures deserves, it most certainly isn't a pain free life. An hour in a room with a group of people from this site might be a start.

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
I think he displays many traits of a psychopath, if he does not get stopped at some point he will go on to practice his deviant abhorrent predilections onto children, vulnerable adults or whatever takes his fancy on the day. I personally hope some vigilantly dispatches him before that happens. My bad I am sure, but been around too long and seen too much to have any sympathy for the scrote or anyone else like him.

meleeka

Visit site
I think he displays many traits of a psychopath, if he does not get stopped at some point he will go on to practice his deviant abhorrent predilections onto children, vulnerable adults or whatever takes his fancy on the day. I personally hope some vigilantly dispatches him before that happens. My bad I am sure, but been around too long and seen too much to have any sympathy for the scrote or anyone else like him.
I haven’t seen it yet but there it mentioned that his ex partner (if she’s even an ex) is claiming she was abused by him.

char3479

Visit site
I never understand people who comment 'I'd rip his teeth out' or 'I'd punch him'.

Violent behaviour is not something we should rush to emulate, whether the victim is an animal or a human.
I don't think most people really mean this. I think it's just a way of expressing the upset and anger at his behaviour and not being able to do anything to stop him. Since seeing the video and his utter disregard for the poor horse, I have been wondering how he would feel if someone knocked his tooth out with a metal pole though.

Upthecreek

Visit site
What an absolutely vile cretin. Not only is he extremely cruel to treat a horse like that he’s extremely stupid to be filmed doing it. Hopefully he’ll get what he deserves one way or another.

Ceriann

Visit site
I think most people mean it but probably wouldn’t do it - which goes to show that they are better than he is. Put most of us in the wrong place at the wrong time with someone like him and I think we’d react in a way we might not like. If one of those horses was mine I wouldn’t hesitate. The system to deal with people like him is broken both here and in NI - we need to see some serious changes in how animal rights are protected and enforced. It’s the least you would expect of a nation of animal lovers.

clairefeekerry1

Visit site
How do they end up public though? Has he filmed himself then sent to others?
Some of them especially the ridden ones are filmed by someone else

mini_b

Visit site
I never understand people who comment 'I'd rip his teeth out' or 'I'd punch him'.

Violent behaviour is not something we should rush to emulate, whether the victim is an animal or a human.

I thought this too as I was close to posting something on Facebook; however I feel that cruelty against animals and children (and vulnerable people) is a different kettle of fish to two blokes knocking 7 bells out of each other over a disagreement down the pub for example.

That being said would you not fancy a go chasing him with that big whip? I’d be right behind you with the shovel.