Harry Hall Member or BHS Gold member

FairyBronze

New User
Visit site
Can anyone tell me which.id the better deal, especially in terms of insurance. I have 2 horses and am considering getting rid of £1000 a year spent on insurance premiums.

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
I don't know anything about Harry Hall but the BHS insurance doesn't cover you for vets fees which is the main reason people insure their horses. It's public liability only.

holeymoley

Visit site
Harry Hall will cover vet injuries. They’re alright for the price. Excess is £150 so not sure anyone will ever get a bill high enough to bother claiming! I contacted them to claim and they were very efficient but bill only came to £200 so seemed pointless claiming.

Shay

Visit site
If you want 3P liability BHS gold has a signfiicantly higher claim limit - and claims can be very high. You also get the legal advice line which doesn't sound like a lot unitl you need it. I would go with BHS every time and self insure for vets bills.

TPO

Visit site
I am a Harry Hall One Club member for the public liability insurance.

I was a BHS member for years for the same reason but am sick to death of the goings on so left (along with a few others I know).

I wouldnt use HH for vet fees insurance though. Last I looked it was a low value with lots of small print. When I insured for vet fees Pet Plan always offered best value to me.

FairyBronze

New User
Visit site
Thanks all. The reason I was asking is I have 2 horses retired which I have insured for vet fees and because of their ages 17 and 26 I am paying over a grand a year on insurance. I've decided vet fee insurance is unaffordable let and plan to cancel insurance and put the money to one side.
I'm considering BHS or HH as at least would have public liability and basic vet fee insurance

Reactions: TPO

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
If you want 3P liability BHS gold has a signfiicantly higher claim limit - and claims can be very high. You also get the legal advice line which doesn't sound like a lot unitl you need it. I would go with BHS every time and self insure for vets bills.

I have used the BHS advice line. It was worth every penny of the subscription.

zaminda

Visit site
There is a company which escapes my brain for the moment which does catastrophy insurance. As yours are older maybe look at that instead? Most companies wouldn't actually pay out for any investigation on older horses anyway!