Harry Payne Clinic - Islay the Highland pony has a go at being a dressage pony!

Evadiva1514

Visit site
I had the opportunity a few weeks ago to have a couple of clinics with Harry Payne at a local yard so I grabbed at the chance... So today came around and I decided to take my Highland pony who hasn't seen a school since November when she did her first dressage test and since then has had a winter of hacking and hunting and lots of fun stuff, so circles and serpentines seemed a bit alien to her today... But the little trooper that she is thoroughly enjoyed herself and was working really well by the end. I was chuffed to bits with her and had a great time.. I cannot wait to take her again for another lesson in a fortnights time!!

Here are a few pics:
CC welcome but please be kind ( she hasn't done anything except yeehaa in straight lines around the countryside over the past few months and I cannot remember the last time I had a lesson of any kind, it's been that long!! haha!!)

islay11.jpg

islay10.jpg

islay12.jpg

islay7.jpg

Sparkling rose wine to all of you who reads this!! :)

pickwickayr

Visit site
Beautiful pony, she looks very active and is carrying herself beautifully! Your hacking and hunting has paid off! I think it definitely helps the natives not to go in endless circles! You should do well in ridden highland classes together :)

SillySausage

Visit site
Oh no - I turned up to take photos for the clinic right as your lesson finished! I didn't realise it was you sorry....!!

If I'm around for the next one I will make sure I don't miss you... Hope you had a fun lesson, I learnt a lot watching and everybody seemed to get a lot out of it.

Hopefully going to get the chance to take my boy along for the May one :)

Evadiva1514

Visit site
Thank you everyone for your lovely comments... I think the hacking and hunting have helped her enormously and she's so much more confident now than she was a year ago...

Sorry to have missed you too SS, look forward to seeing you at the next one... I'm booked in for the April session but not the May one yet..

JFTDWS

Visit site
She's lovely! Always nice to see highlands out and about showing these silly tall creatures how it's done :D

JGC

Visit site
*Wonders how long it would take to get to you in a trailer, steal gorgeous and very talented Highland and bring her back to my place ...*

Booboos

Visit site
Lovely pony and the two of you look great! You must be doing something right because she looks just super! If you can try to keep your thumbs on top, it's a little thing but it makes a big difference.

Evadiva1514

Visit site
She is stunning. Are you planning on doing some BD with her?

Thanks, I'm not planning any in the near future as I'm planning on taking her showing and I've got another one of mine registered BD at the moment... She's needs to get a lot more balanced in her canter though as on Sunday all I needed was a joust!! haha!! But once she gets stronger and more able to carry herself then I'd love to!! Going to see how she is unaffiliated first over the autumn and then see how we go!! She really is the ultimate all round fun pony!! I love her to bits!!