Has any one used Sarc-Ex?

OpalFruits

Visit site
As the title says really :) It was recently bought by the owner of the horse I'm loaning so I was just wondering if anyone has ever used it.

Thank you :)

a kind of magic

Visit site
I used it with success with my gelding who I then sold, he had them all over his sheath, the biggest one was banded but I left the others alone, they all shrunk/dropped off apart from the 2nd biggest one. We have just put hubby's mare on it as we are just about to treat her sarcoids with bloodroot ointment and I wanted to support her from the inside too. It apparently works by boosting the immune system which is something that she needs anyway as we've just weaned her foal. I will report back!

OpalFruits

Visit site
Ah it sounds good then! I am a little worried however as I checked them tonight and one of them was bright red but wasnt bleeding... hence a worried me!

I hope it works with your horse :)

fizzer

Visit site
I used Thuja cream on my horses sheath 4 times and it dropped off tonight!!!

Amazing stuff, worth a try.

pines of rome

Visit site
I used it for months,a small one went but not a large one on his sheath, also tried thuja with no result, have recently used toothpaste on it and this did the trick, strange I know!!!!

Natz88

Visit site
My boy had a sarcoid in the girth area, we got the vet out who suggested trying Sarc Ex first & it has gone completely no one would ever no he had one. So would recommend :D

Kadastorm

Visit site
Only been using it for a week, working well. have heard toothpaste and mouthwash work too as its the fluoride in it that is the active ingredient. crest toothpaste is the one to get apparently :)

Lexie81

Visit site
Interested in this thread, my mare has several of the flat ones, they haven't grown since I've had her but are unsightly and get in the way of rugs, martingales etc as they are on her chest. Been thinking of using this but worried of aggravating them or making them worse seeing as they don't cause too much of an issue.....

OpalFruits

Visit site
used it on my gelding and it worked reallu well, and yes it went bright red and started shrinking

Brill! Well not brill at the bright red thing, but at least I know it's working :D

Lexi maybe you could use the toothpaste if youre worried, it seems that that works just as well but so far I havent had a problem with it :)

a kind of magic

Visit site
Just a little update, Philly has been on Sarc-Ex for 5 days now, has been having thuja tablets daily in a carrot for a month and a bit, and thuja cream applied daily for the last 5 days, her bigger sarcoid on her teats shriveled up to nothing and fell off today, leaving healthy skin underneath. The one on her eye is drying out and looking much better too. :)

OpalFruits

Visit site
Just a little update, Philly has been on Sarc-Ex for 5 days now, has been having thuja tablets daily in a carrot for a month and a bit, and thuja cream applied daily for the last 5 days, her bigger sarcoid on her teats shriveled up to nothing and fell off today, leaving healthy skin underneath. The one on her eye is drying out and looking much better too. :)

That's brill :) Hopefully this stuff works then! :D

Maisy

Visit site
My gelding is having treatment for sarcoids currently (Liverpool cream), but he has had 4 appear (3 flat wart type and one lump that has been frozen and has returned, now being treated with cream), in a very short space of time. I moved my horses 3/4 months ago, and I wonder if the stress has caused them to suddenly appear....however, my question is whether I can feed Sarc Ex as a preventative measure to try to boost his immune system, whilst he is having the Liverpool cream?

I guess I should ask the vet, but I wondered if anyone here knew!? (Very impatient!!)

TIA

BeckyMason97

Visit site
Sarc Ex is amazing. I used it on my mare, after three days it shrunk and after a week it dropped off. Looking at her now you wouldn't know it had ever been there!

BeckyMason97

Visit site
I think it varies with different horses and different types of sarcoid. Mine had a large one that was almost like a horn, at least an inch long amd three smaller ones on the top of her back leg on the inside, my other mare started getting one a few weeks ago so I fed it to her and that then went smaller. They're very annoying things!