Has anybody put a tracker on their horsebox??

SteveGG

Visit site
Our horsebox came with 2 !
We have the RAC trackstar+ and the Navtrack.
The people who we bought it from thought that the Navtrack could only track the lorry when it is moving but that is not the case.
We haven't really had any dealing with the RAC Trackstar as once it is fitted and you are registered you don't need to do anything unless the lorry is stolen.
With the Navtrack you have 2 digital cards if the lorry is started or moves without one of these you get a phone call (which happens very quickly when you leave the cards at home !). They will also phone you if during a journey you hit a blind spot in the network just to check. They can also pin point your lorry even if it's not moving. When we have our lorry serviced we don't hand over the cards, we then have the choice of them phoning each time the lorry moves or we can ask them to ignore between certain hours.
We intend to move the Navtrack on to our new lorry when we change.

foraday

Visit site
Got the Follow us on my truck as seen on watch dog the other week!

Also got secret fuel cut off switch so they can't even get out the yard!

Mbronze

www.cheshirehorsetaxi.weebly.com
ooh. thank you. Will have a look into both of those products, the Navtrack sounds very good.

You see, i hire out lorries for a living and one day a lady didn't bring one back at the day/time agreed!!! Needless to say i charged her an extra days hire....because the person hiring it out the next day couldn't have it..

I was having kittens over it - so really want to put some trackers into them, so theres less worry!!

foraday

Visit site
http://www.followus.co.uk/

Thats the tracker company that was featured on watch dog! They spied on so called airport parking and found a car that was paid to be in a locked compound at the airport was parked in tescos car park-fetched and carried others to the airport and never did get parked in the compound! It showed every minute where it was! Amazing! At least you can phone up the hirer and tell them to get off the showground and get the lorry back!

The fuel cut off is around £60 and gets fitted onto the fuel pipe near to the tank-you have a secret switch somewhere on the lorry and you just switch it on when you leave it for the night-the thieves can break in start up (which with most imobilisers they can by pass and start) and they think they are going and then it just dies! They can't restart it! So leave it. You can then get your mechanic the nest day to bleed the system and you are fine again.

wizoz

Visit site
Friends of ours had their lorry parked on our land, it got stolen! Their new lorry has a tracker fitted but the thing keeps on triggering off and they keep getting phonecalls saying their lorry is getting pinched when its tucked up safely! I'm sure they are a good idea but a theif is nearly always one step ahead. I'm sorry though, I don't know what make it is to tell you to stear clear of it.