Has anybody without an indoor rode toay ?

pansy

Visit site
We went & looked @ ours gave them a groom turned out for a bit , mucked out , gave some more hay got wet - & then brought them in again - forgetting what riding is like ! Has anybody managed to ride ?

SKW

Visit site
We have an indoor but decided to brave the rain and get out for a hack today. it seems my boy loves puddles (more like rivers) and had a lovely time splashing about in the floods !

Waffles

Visit site
It was slating it down with rain today so I didn't ride. Turned out about 9.30, horse had had one one side trying to keep his ears from getting water in them (me too). I don't mind riding in the rain, but today was really dreadful. Brought him back in around 3.30pm

PetalPower

Visit site
Yep, me and mum (68 years old and should no better!!) had a lovely soggy hack - thoroughly enjoyed it. And then we took the dogs for a walk in it too!

pansy

Visit site
Apologies for spelling in title - phone !! Rain doesn't normally stop us - we don't have an outdoor - but there is one a couple of mins away - the rain has just been horrendous though - glad to hear people are still getting out & about x

Tilda

Visit site
Not today because I only had time to lunge but I did on Thursday which was just as bad and then as Petalpower I took the dogs for a walk whilst I was already wet. My 5 year old son was not impressed but hot chocolate when we got home soon cheered him up :)

lara b

Visit site
Yep my friend and I went on a long hack in heavy rain, horses and us waterproofed up to max and only hands got wet really. Was fine as no wind so rain was straight down at least and we nattered the whole way around! :-D

Nicnac

Visit site
Yep had an hour's flat work lesson in the pouring rain at 9am!

You can't choose the weather when you are competing - anyone remember Tina Cook's dressage test at Greenwich so best to get out there and see what you and your horse are like in a deluge :D

(we are a billion miles away from Tina Cook's level btw!)

Visit site
Yes ... but then I get paid to and thankfully I only had one to ride instead of the 4 or 5 that the others had :D

Hacked along to the gallops, 3x up and then home! Soaked but v. happy as my wee mare is awesome :D It makes it worthwhile when the Demon Princess is on fire despite the weather :D

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
Chickened out tbh, but have ridden most days this week, and will be giving it a go tomorrow - supposed to be very windy - something to really look forward to......

Am going to be lungeing more this winter too, and top up on some ground work.

JustKickOn

Visit site
Yes, hack for 40 mins and then did 10 mins in outdoor school. Wasn't raining. Finished and just got onto the yard and then the rain started. :)

ellie11987

Visit site
Nope, chucked it down. I hate riding in the rain it is so uncomfortable riding with wet breeches! Plus my mare hates it, she just ends up trying to kill me and we get no work done. And I don't like a damp and muddy horse and rider :rolleyes:

starryeyed

Visit site
I was going to but thought better of it and lunged instead! She's had a couple of days off which I never do (for good reason ;)) but couldn't avoid ... it was hammering down today, the hunt was quite close by so she assumed she was going, she was about 19hh with eyes on stalks throwing her weight around, going everywhere on 2 legs, breaking everything she came into contact with (including her weaving grill, god knows how!) - it took 25 minutes to remove the rug and pick out her hooves, another 30 to put her bridle on and then I gave up and got the lunge roller instead of the saddle - I don't usually give up that easily but I'd have been there all day and had things to do!
So did my best to have a controlled lunging session where she leapt around breathing fire and then put her back out to bomb round the field for the rest of the day :eek:

PingPongPony

Visit site
Yup, hacked out 2, just over an hour each. i had 2 waterproof coats on and 2 pairs of waterproof trousers as well as jodhs and 2 pairs of thermowear, all of it soaked through, ah well, at least ponies are exercised :)

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Yep I rode this morning....got some great shoulder in and leg yield! From the horse that doesn't do anything energetic unless he absolutely has too! :D

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Had no child care so couldn't or I would have. Will be out tomorrow come hell or high water (both of which we have currently!!!).

I have waterproof everything including gloves so it doesn't bother me.

DropbearUK

Visit site
I lurked inside until it looked like the rain had subsided, then whipped on the Jods and drove to the yard. Just as I'd tacked up, the heavens opened!

Suffice to say, I was a bit soggy by the time i got back in the car! lol

Littlelegs

Visit site
Yes, although admittedly not as long as we would have if it was dry. Daughter & I had a 40 min mainly trot ride, & got soaked despite waterproofs. Was still fun though.

spike123

Visit site
I hacked out for an hour today,but I was lucky as it stopped raining for pretty much the entire ride. I had to ride as the fields were too wet to turn out in so it was a choice between braving the weather or risking him going swimming in the field.