Has anyone any progeny from Butler II Holstein stallion ?

SharonBirt

Visit site
Hi if anyone has progeny from Butler II Holstein stallion, would love to know their temperament, trainability.
Also any pics would be great, have to choose stallion very soon and haven't seen many examples of his young stock.
Thank you

Spring Feather

Visit site
I know nothing about his progeny I'm afraid, but I did a bit of checking up on him and you realise he is half TB? His sireline is TB. He has a lovely damline however. He was also put up for sale last year so you'd need to make sure you have a rock solid breeding contract so you can still get semen from him should he sell.

SharonBirt

Visit site
I know nothing about his progeny I'm afraid, but I did a bit of checking up on him and you realise he is half TB? His sireline is TB. He has a lovely damline however. He was also put up for sale last year so you'd need to make sure you have a rock solid breeding contract so you can still get semen from him should he sell.

Thank you, yes I did realise he has a mix of TB, as think he's BWB, but that will help me as need to have a better mix of TB to aid the staying power for eventing. Also realised he has been for sale and have had a chat about this, and will as you suggest check about NFFR if we aren't successful first time.
Do you know much about temperament of dam line? Sharpness etc?
Thanks very much :)

Spring Feather

Visit site
The dam line is a nice one; I have a mare with a very similar dam line and she's an easy going mare; very competent in her sphere (sj), not sharp but forward going and knows her job well.

koeffee

Visit site
I have met Butler and he is a nice easy horse, Louise does have some youngsters and they seem to know how to jump a fence, not sure she would ever sell him, things just escalate and she does have a lot of cracking youngsters for sale.

SharonBirt

Visit site
Thank you, I have seen a few pics of a couple of youngsters that he has there and they do look super and very athletic, but it's always nice to hear from owner breeders and their experiences off the stud.
Glad he's a nice boy.....very important, and difficult when you don't get to meet them before you book.
Thanks again :)