Has anyone ever used NAF Instant Magic Calmer...?

emmiec12

Visit site
Has anyone ever used NAF Instant Magic Calmer...?
confused.gif

I need a less spooky horse during the DR so I am thinking of giving it a go.... Any thoughts greatly recieved.
tongue.gif
I have been given some so thought I would see what you guys thought of it.

Would it then effect his SJ-ing?
crazy.gif

KatB

Visit site
Yep, its great. You wont need the full syringe though, the horse we used it on went completely dopey!! Jumped one of the best rounds he ever has after it though and got a 30dr
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Harrie123

Visit site
A lady from our yard went to 3 competitions, she used the calmer on 2 occasions. The horse went compltely differently, a vast improvement, compared to the time when she didnt use it.

mccarron6769

Visit site
I've been trying Relax Me but it doesn't seem to have the effect I expected. I only want something to help my boy chill for competitions so may give this a go. Thanks for the post !!
grin.gif

nessie1288

Visit site
We tried the NAF Instant Magic on two horses and it didn't have any effect on either of them!!! The Relax Me works well on one of them! Calmers are very individual.

StinkiPinki

Visit site
NAF INstant Magic worked really well on my dressage horse, id tried oxyshot and eq america stuff and neither of those did anything. It definately took the edge off my boy.

louisa sarney

New User
Visit site
NAF INstant Magic worked really well on my dressage horse, id tried oxyshot and eq america stuff and neither of those did anything. It definately took the edge off my boy.

I just used it to clip a young horse for the first time ever. When ever she has seen the clippers before she has freaked out and I was about to get the vets to sedate her. To my total amazement naf instant magic did the trick. She stood quiet and let me clip her without any bother. I will definitely use it again

Kat

Visit site
I tried it, smelt so grim I couldn't get near my horse with the syringe. Tried putting it in feed disguised with treacle and carrots and she refused to eat it and pooed in the bucket. I have two more syringes going past their use by date in the tack room...........

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
I use it and love it. It works really well too. It's used when we hunt to sometimes calm her a bit if I know she's going to be silly. It works a treat, even with the excitement of hunting! :)

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
I tried it, smelt so grim I couldn't get near my horse with the syringe. Tried putting it in feed disguised with treacle and carrots and she refused to eat it and pooed in the bucket. I have two more syringes going past their use by date in the tack room...........
My mare LOVES the smell & taste. I don't think it smells too bad either.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
If you have to dope something to ride it, I wouldn't ride it. If you have to dope something to win or be competitive, I wouldn't compete it. However, I do not believe that calmers really work and that most of the perceived effect is placebo (on the rider).

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
I don't have to 'dope' my horse. She just fidgets a lot at the start of a meet, jingling and pawing a bit etc. mainly because she's hunter clipped and thus cold and is just young and so she is excited to be out hunting. It doesn't dope her at all, she will just stand a little bit more. She doesn't normally ever need NAF Magic, or 'doping', she's just still young and only at hunts gets excited, like any horse. In general she's very quiet and relaxed to ride.

It's not strong enough to 'dope' them, just make them more 'agreeable' and concentrated on the task in hand.

PolarSkye

Visit site
I've used it . . . pretty sure it did NAF all, but then Pops is a very hot horse and once adrenalized, it's difficult to calm him down . . . vet has had to use a significant amount of sedative to dope him for procedures like scanning/shock wave, etc. and he's woken from that sedative remarkably quickly . . . so he's probably not the best test case for NAF Magic ;).

P

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
my horse doesn't need doping at all, he just has anxiety issues as times- and he displays the same behaviour as when getting upset as his food is late or he wants to go out (wobbling his jaw and twisting up his tongue!) so it would be nice for him to be a bit calmer.