Has anyone got a TBXID

TinselTurkey

Visit site
Yes but he's only 6 months old - so far he's laid back, stubborn, loving and daft

He's my forever horse out of my own mare that I have had for 10 years and I love him. Everyday he makes me smile - even this morning when I took water up and he dribbled ice cold water in my fringe and down my face as I was lifting the container, anything better than the time he did it at the weekend but down my builders bum ! haha

July.jpg

snowpony.jpg

haha cheeky boy!

he is adorable I would love to see more pics of him :)

charlimouse

Visit site
I have 2. Both are chestnut mares, but that is pretty much where the similarities end!!!!!!

This is Pippa, she is 15.2hh and is now 18 years old. When she was younger she was my pony club horse, and I also evented her upto Pre Novice. Now she is teaching my Mum to jump, and she does local shows with her.

IMG_1411.jpg

And I also have Betty, she is 16.2hh and is 5. She is going to start her eventing career next season.

IMG_0147.jpg

ForeverBroke_

Visit site
I have one! He's not got many miles on the clock with me, but he was an eventer.

Adore them! They're such a fantastic cross - will probably end up having a lot of them!

applecart14

Visit site
Just wondering if anyone else has one and what yours is like?

Yes I bought one years ago following the tragic death of my previous horse who was a WB. I bought in haste and regretted it for months. Miki was really lazy, had no manners, was rude, and we just didn't get on in and way or shape. I think the void between razzy WBxTB and IDxTB was too wide. He didn't want to show jump and he didn't want to school. He used to try my patience continually, both in hand and under saddle. He was very lazy I ended up resenting him. I wanted to sell him and Mum told me to wait a few more months until the spring so I could sell him easier than just going into winter. And then he broke his leg in the field and had to be pts. I've never had an IDxTB again, but gone on to have four more WB's who I have adored.

I think it was also a lot to do with his breeding. His Dad was a famous hurdler called Senang Haiti and his mum was a hunter and it was in his genes to gallop and when we did XC and fun rides he came alive. But he just hated showjumping which is what I'd bought him for and the inevitable flat work that had to be done in order for the jumping to work. He used to chuck me on the floor more times than I care to mention and had a terrible attitude to everything apart from XC which I didn't really care about! I don't know whether all ID's are lazy but he certainly was. To be fair Miki was only 5 and it may have been that I lacked the knowledge or experience to cope with a youngster at the stage I was at, at the time. I would never have another youngster as I know I wouldn't have the time to commit to its education but that's just me and sometimes its better to know your limitations than to go headlong into a relationship you know is not going to work. Like I say following the death of Biggles, I just rushed into buying Miki and I would never make the same mistake again.:(

opinionuk

Visit site
I've just bought a 4 year old TBXID although she has more thoroughbred in her and acts like a TB, I wish she was more ID but I'm growing to love her!

miss_molly

www.katevickersequestrian.webs.com
I have a 14yr 15.2hh chestnut mare. Shes got lovely ID legs - very chunky. Pretty TB face. Shes good at jumping - a bit keen. Good at dressage. She like hacking with others, but hates it on her own. In the summer she is laid back and wont give any more than you ask for and if you dont ask correctly you dont get. In the winter when only worked at weekends it all gets too exciting / scary and shes jumping all over the place. She likes a certain amount of attention but not too much. Plus loves her food and is such a good doer.