Has Anyone Got Olympic Tickets ?

jaquelin

Visit site
Dear all,
Despite applying for the maximum number of eventing cross-country and final tickets, I appear to have got nothing!

Has anyone been successful - if so, did you get all you applied for, part of your application or an odd number?

It would be useful to hear from anyone who was successful.

seadog

Visit site
Hi, I was successful I had some money taken out my account from the olympics people yesterday :)
I had applied for 2 tickets for the XC day, and two for dressage on one of the team days....think I only got the ones for the dressage. Terrible seats and on team day but I am pleased just to be going

bexcy-bee

Visit site
Im in the same position!!

I applied for XC, sjing, eventing, kayaking, athletics, and football, and got NOTHING!!

Its so depressing, as friends who applied, but aren't interested in sports at all got some!

Rubbish system! =[

bexcy-bee x

seadog

Visit site
what did you apply for?

I had an e-mail a week or so ago from olympic people saying that there will be another chance to buy around xmas time and the people that were unsuccessful this time would have first dibs...so there's still a chance yet!

tinap

Visit site
Some people actually got money taken out today so don't give up hope just yet! Still got my fingers crossed for SJ finals tickets xx

dornrose

Visit site
I have some, but as yet not sure which, certainly not all the ones I applied for so will have to wait and see which I've got and then find someone to come with me.

MissMincePie&Brandy

Visit site
I'm afraid we didn't get anything :( We only applied for what we could afford, which was 2 events. Dressage (for me) and athletics (I forget exactly what event, for OH)

It seems that to be in with a good chance you needed to bid for thousands of pounds worth of tickets. A man being interviewed on Radio 4 yesterday had bid for £36,000 worth of tickets with no means of being able to pay for them. He won a third, so has won £11,000 worth of tickets and has applied for a loan from his credit card company in order to pay for it. He was sent an email to say his card declined and has been given a few days to sort it out, when they will try to charge the card again. That man is now going to be able to make a tidy profit by selling them on at highly inflated prices! Apparently that type of bulk buying has happened extensively. It's why events such as the big festivals ban the bulk buying of tickets by individuals!

The Olympics is the highest profile event this country has seen for years, and yet their ticket selling system seems archaic and very unfair IMO!

They could easily have engineered a lottery system which prioritised people who had yet to win any tickets, allowing more people to win something.

ladyt25

Visit site
I don't think I have any but I am sure on the original email it said money would be taken up to the 10th June so i don't know what changed there. I think it's bad if people have got all or a lot of tickets when others have got nothing. I am sure there could have been a better way. I also thought you couldn't actually sell the tickets until January though and then there was something they'd done so people couldn't seell them for inflated prices but I guess they can't really stop it can they.

i am quite annoyed I haven't got any as I though going for SJing tickets i'd stand a chance but apparently not.

rambling

Visit site
I've got half of what I applied for , they have debited my account anyway .

I applied for two tickets for XC team eventing and and two for team eventing Dressage and will be over 60 next year so got them at the senior price of £16, don't know yet which I'm getting so its not just the money bags who got them .

I hope those of you who didn't get any in this round will get them in the next one.

Dustygirl

Visit site
Has anyone got SJ tickets - I've not heard of anyone yet? I only applied for SJ tickets and no money gone so far :(

titch

Visit site
That man is now going to be able to make a tidy profit by selling them on at highly inflated prices! Apparently that type of bulk buying has happened extensively. It's why events such as the big festivals ban the bulk buying of tickets by individuals!.

I thought you could only sell the tickets back through the Olympics, and therefore not make a profit on them?

I only applied for a pair of tickets for the xc day and the eventing sj. I've had the amount of one pair of tickets taken,not sure which one, but you didn't have to make hundreds of applications. We bid for what we could afford/what we really wanted to attend.

I believe there will be another chance for people who have already applied to get tickets again, fingers crossed you can be successful then.

aliacc

Visit site
I was very lucky... got 2 tickets for sj final ( didn't believe it, but my bank balance does!!!) so I can take my daughter who is excited already. And my other half got the 2 tickets for us to see the x country which I encouraged him to apply for so we could both go to see that ( I didn't think I would get the sj ones ).

Ali

MissMincePie&Brandy

Visit site
I thought you could only sell the tickets back through the Olympics, and therefore not make a profit on them?

I only applied for a pair of tickets for the xc day and the eventing sj. I've had the amount of one pair of tickets taken,not sure which one, but you didn't have to make hundreds of applications. We bid for what we could afford/what we really wanted to attend.

I believe there will be another chance for people who have already applied to get tickets again, fingers crossed you can be successful then.

Glad you got some :)

As I understand it, the tickets are not named. You're not supposed to sell them for profit, but you're encouraged to pass them or sell them at face value to friends and family. Therefore it is a flawed system, open to abuse. Once tickets are released, I think we'll start to see that they are easily available to buy, and I suspect at inflated prices subject to demand for that specific event. We'll have to wait and see....

jaquelin

Visit site
So far out of about 15 people replying, 6 have got part of the tickets they have applied for - not a very good percentage.

I hope you are right about 10 June, but the latest news said the dosh would come out of your account by 31 May if you got tickets. We shall see - but I expect we will be watching on TV - the frustration is I live not too far from Greenwich - could probably bike there :(

JoJo_

Visit site
Grrr how annoying. I applied for 2 xc tickets and 2 eventing final (sjing) tickets and have not heard whether I was successful or not! Those who havent got tickets - did you get an email saying you were unsuccessful?

Business

Visit site
Applied for 2 each of xc, SJ finals individual (Cheap seats) and team (Best seats).

Got tickets for the final of the team SJ.

Had an email from a friend in Australia:

"YAY! We have some tickets - I heard on the news this morning that they had something like 20 billion applications and only 7 million tickets or something like that so there was lots a people who missed out."

Wondering if she meant 20 million though.

I can't believe I got some...maybe my luck is improving.

So sorry to all who have not got tickets, really hope you get some, it's not over yet.