Has anyone seen this shetland mare?

kadylouise

Visit site
Has anyone seen this shetland mare? She is called Shianne but she also goes by the name of Dolly she escaped from her field with 2 others horses which are cobs one Brown and White and the other is Black with 4 White socks they escaped from their field on Wigan Road, Wigan on the 14th August or possibly early hours of the 15th August. They were last sighted on the 15th of August on a field near Woodcock Drive, Platt Bridge Wigan. They haven't been seen since the police and involved and they are investigating and have now upped it to stolen.

Anyone with any information then please contact me.

Thank you.

20914425_10210334936677413_696523375251374895_n.jpg

Last edited:

be positive

Visit site
The last sighting looks as if they were straying rather than in a field, have all the nearby fields been properly checked as I would think it far more likely they have been shut in somewhere by a passerby and not reported/ noticed than caught, put into transport and taken away, a thief would not normally expect to just come across 3 straying ponies and decide to pick them up, hope they are found soon.

http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog-blog.php?dogId=119038#.WabjWMiGPDc

kadylouise

Visit site
Yes every where has been checked local riding schools etc have been visited and informed. The RSPCA haven't picked them up they were last seen the 15th but the owner who has them wasn't made aware of this until the 16th and then nothing no sightings etc. Unfortunatley i don't live in that area so if there is anyone who lives in the area could you please keep a eye out and contact me with any details thanks.

Last edited:

kadylouise

Visit site
Thank you so much she is such a beauty. its just getting more worringly now as they havent been seen since the 15th last month. We won't stop till we get her home she has a little foal at home and hes fretting and so is the mum now :(. x

Cecile

Visit site
I'm afraid I'm not too hot with computer stuff but you could try:
Preloved and Gumtree
also every tack and feed shop both locally and much further afield, every vet surgery and farrier (Posters could be just sent via email)
My old farrier would of put the poster on the back door of his van, most farriers nowadays seem to have facebook

The more sites she is on the better, I would certainly notice her if she turned up near me and I am miles away

kadylouise

Visit site
Hi Cecile,
I have put her on gumtree, preloved, etc just heard nothing back posters have been done and they have been put up in shops etc. Could private pm me? x

cobsarefab

Visit site
Inform microchip database so she will come up stolen if she gets scanned by a vet. Inform vets local to the area in case they have treated or are asked to treat her. Inform all animal welfare charities. Inform farriers locally. in case someone tries to get her feet done. With the vet and farrier things I mean if someone has unwittingly bought bought her and is now caring for her. Post on horse and rider uk, petforums (equestrian section), horse network and any other uk horse forums you can find. I really hope you get some news soon. Why not make a YouTube video about her as well so more people see her and you can share a video that has a description of marks, character, quirks and pictures of her in.

Cecile

Visit site
Inform microchip database so she will come up stolen if she gets scanned by a vet. Inform vets local to the area in case they have treated or are asked to treat her. Inform all animal welfare charities. Inform farriers locally. in case someone tries to get her feet done. With the vet and farrier things I mean if someone has unwittingly bought bought her and is now caring for her. Post on horse and rider uk, petforums (equestrian section), horse network and any other uk horse forums you can find. I really hope you get some news soon. Why not make a YouTube video about her as well so more people see her and you can share a video that has a description of marks, character, quirks and pictures of her in.

Excellent advice ^^^

Just to get you started

Every vet in and around the area details
https://findavet.rcvs.org.uk/home/

Every farrier in and around the area details
http://www.farrier-reg.gov.uk/find-a-farrier/