Has anyone used a copper pastern band?

ChestnutConvert

Visit site
I have been reading about the effects of copper for arthritic people, dogs and horses and have come across this...

http://www.forbescopper.com/horse-pastern-strap.html

It all seems to make sense but before i part with my cash i'd like to hear if anyone else has tried one. I'm trying anything i can on my girl but wonder if that is what people are preying on (people being desperate) or if it can actually have some beneficial effects.

Kenzo

Visit site
Not on horses but my mother used to wear one on her wrist all the time, she had bad arthritis and it really helped, I could see the difference when she didn't wear it.
Certainly worth trying.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Years ago when I was working I did an old GP dressage horse he wore a copper pastern strap.
When was away it got left off he hobbled out the box in the morning put it back he was back or normal the next day.
So I would say it worth a go.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Yes we used it on a WHW pony we had years ago. She came to us at 18 with really bad arthritis, was on half a bute a day to keep her company. I tied a copper pastern strap and we were able to stop the bute, she remained comfortable for another 15 years or so and only went on bute again for the last year or two of her life. I should say she wasn't in work , not sure if it would have kept her sound enough to be ridden but I would definitely give it a try for your girl.