Has anyone used a fmbs activo-med combi pro? Any reviews please? :)

becca1305

Visit site
Im really interested in getting some supplementary help for one of my horses (and for helping prevent issues and just spoiling the others :p), and I liked the look of the combi pro (magnetic and massage). I like the rug set up particularly as the main issue with the monster its primarily for is in the pelvis area.

Im arranging a demo of the rug, but wondered if anyone has used one and what they thought of it?

I also plan on using it alongside a solarium (not at the same time) as part of a recovery and prevention 'therapy' for the dozy monster. Does anybody else do this? If so have you found a routine that really works for you especially pre/post exercise? :). Would also be interested to know how people who solely use the combi-pro use it as a rough routine.

Any reviews really appreciated :) thankyou.

Last edited:

Countrychic

Visit site
I have one, have had it for a couple of years. I don't have time for them to wear it before and after work so they go on the walker before work then wear the rug after for 45 mins. We have just bought a solarium but it's not fitted yet so I'm no help there!

It was bought for a horse with spavin in his hocks which caused major back issues but tbh he hated it and so didn't wear it very much. My others wear it as a prevention and my physio thinks it's great but then again I have her out every 8 weeks so it doesnt really save me much money!
I find mine slips over to one side quite badly which really annoys me.
If I was buying now I would probably just buy a good magnetic rug, cheap massage pad and solarium

becca1305

Visit site
Thanks for the review :). I considered buying separate units but it's more time/ work and also the similar style massage rug from cyclossage is more expensive than massage and magnet from fmbs :/ still worth mulling over :).

cyclo man

Visit site
Hi Becca, sorry for the late reply, only just seen your post, may I suggest that you demo the Cyclo-ssage as well before you decide which way to go, the two rug systems are very different in their actions and the only way to see which one is best for your particular horse is to try them out and judge the result. I run cyclo-ssage equine and was part of the development team so obviously am very enthusiastic about it but would always advise people to try all the options to find the one that's right for your horse, you may be surprised at the different results you can get. If you would like a demo, free of charge, please message me, and I promise no" sales pressure".

Cornishbird

New User
Visit site
I have tried to get a demo from both FMBS and Cyclossage to no avail. Would love a massage rug for my boy but would like to see what I'm buying first!

EventingMum

Visit site
I have an older one - I bought it about 6 years ago (they took my equissage in part exchange) and we find it really useful. I don't use it all the time due to lack of time, only before comps of if any of them are feeling stiff/sore. That said none of the horses object to it and all feel looser after wearing it before work.

One of ours is particularly tense and uptight and he loves it particularly the pulsed magnetic settings - when we bought it they set up a warm up programme on it specifically for him. We also use the boots on all four legs at three day events after xc and never had any heat or swelling.

I do find it rather heavy but I think the newer ones with the mesh are lighter. We've not had any problems with it except that the elastic on the boots has stretched a bit could easily be replaced. All in all I would recommend it especially the newer ones that seem even better.

becca1305

Visit site
Hi Cornishbird. I had no issues arranging a demo with FMBs, and subsequently bought a rug & I have been very happy with the results. Do you mean you got in touch with them and couldnt get a demo? Or that you couldn't contact them? I rang to arrange mine have you tried ringing them? I also had an issue with my battery losing charge which I also rang up about & that was replaced quickly and FOC with no quibble (new batt has been fine).

becca1305

Visit site
Ahh I'm guessing as per your username perhaps because you are based in Cornwall? I don't know what to suggest sorry. All I can say is that Ive used it on 3 different horses (one a 2yo filly just as something different for her to experience) and all seemed to enjoy the treatment, but I agree with you and I wouldn't invest in such an expensive bit of kit without trying it :/.