Has it begun?

C1airey

Visit site
My FB feed is awash with horses for loan and owners looking for sharers. It doesn’t seem so long ago that every other post was someone looking for loans/shares to ride.

Is this the start of the horse-price-downturn that we’ve all been predicting?

Bernster

Visit site
Market still seems pretty hot in terms of lots of interested buyers. some sales seem to be due to kids going off to uni but there are certainly a few Covid induced sales around. Very mixed it seems!

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I have noticed quite a few horses seem to be sticking, those with COVID price tags.

I was quite pleased to see the one where I was cheated (set off to view a £12,500 horse, by the time I arrived an hour and a half later it was upped to £17,500!!!) is still on the market at £14,500 :p

I am putting my search broadly on hold for a while. I am extremely busy and stressed right now anyway, but I do think that there will be a bigger selection at a better price in November.

Pedantic

Visit site
Maybe its the fair weather horse owners just doing what they always do, they want a horse during summer, drag it in, ride it, chuck it back out in the field with minimum effort, but not prepared to put the work in during winter with feeding and mucking out etc, most likely didn't do their share of field chores like Ragwort pulling etc during summer, and left it too others as always as half arsed owners always tend to do, so no surprise, bit darker and chillier in the morning, time for the poor horse to be shipped off.
I expect there will be a bigger percentage this year though due to Covid, so more poor horses going to be needing new homes or either neglected :-(