Hat Covers for Gatehouse HS1

Visit site
hi,

My hatcover always slips of my gatehouse hat as the outershell does not have much grip. Does anyone else have this problem? If so, what hat cover have you found works? Any links to hat covers appreciated too!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
the silvers are a pain in the neck for this.....

I bought some stick on velcro and have some attached to the hat (across the front and a little bit at the side) and then to the inside of the hat cover of the 2 I use. This has worked well this winter.

Visit site
yes - mine in silver - what a good idea about the velcro, may need to invest in some. Thanks. There just isnt enough grip on the hat to keep a lycra hat cover on. I have ended up puting an oversized velvet on at the moment but i would prefer a lycra!

ester

Visit site
it survived hunting and it got very wet XC on saturday and was still stuck. Though in hindsight I think it would work to have the hook bit of the velcro across the front and none on the silk as that seems to stick quite well too!

I bought a load so if the velcro looses its sticky side I can just replace but its stilll ok atm.

aregona

Visit site
oh the velcro is a good idea!!! I just used tape and taped mine on. my xc colours are blue /white so i took my blue xc boot tape and taped around once and then once under the peek to the plastic and it stuck fine.

Visit site
thanks for the ideas guys. ive got an oversized velvet that stays on but it doesnt look great. think may try a lycra with velcro. I did try tape but not enough obviously as i looked like an egg head half way round the xc, not cool!

P4NN

Visit site
I have a silver HS1 and dont have any problems keeping my silks on?!
I have used stretchy lycra ones and velvet ones and havnt lost one yet.

ester

Visit site
:D you obv dont have enough wind ;) the number I have lost on the beach is quite fun!

I have been told that they older ones had more roughage in the front!

I think it might be poss to just use the hook part of the velcro stuck to the hat as that seems to work well. I didnt like taping as it was a pain to change them as I always use a fluorescent cover when hacking.

ester

Visit site
mine comes from my local sewing/knitting shop. useful for all sorts of bits.

I think also wilkinsons and alike do it too.

CParker

Visit site
Velcro work brill!!! i have one of the earlier ones made which has the nice thicker harness but its not got much if/ any grippy stuff on it so every cover used to blow off. Dad stuk velcro round the front half and have since had n problems :)

Tangaroo

Visit site
Great, thanks. I will go and have a look on ebay. I only got my hat today and have a ODE tomorrow. I have used insulating tape at the mo to secure it but will sort out some velcro

only_me

Visit site
Ive the silver HS1 and have had no problems keeping a silk on - lycra stays on no bother :)

That said, I have a tiny head, my HS1 is size 1 :eek: