Hat hair!

Carlosmum

Visit site
I go every 8 weeks to the same 'girl' I have been seeing for 27 years! I have followed her around various local salons in that time and only had my hair cut by 3 other people when she was unavailable. My son used to fall asleep in her chair when he was a toddler, he still goes now, he is 28.
As for hat hair, not been nearly so bad this year as its been so mild I haven't worn the wooly hat so much.

AandK

Visit site
I don't like it at all, having to sit in front of a mirror looking at myself and having to 'chat' to someone I don't know... Fortunately for me, my sister used to be a hairdresser so she has cut my hair for the last 20 odd years! Usually done around once a year, I have a very low maintenance style!
ETA, it is long and straight so my 'hat hair' is usually just a sweaty mess, as I get a hot head when I ride, joy!

Fiona

Visit site
People truly don’t understand how uncooperative cows licks are unless they have one, do they? Even my hairdresser says that if she doesn’t get full control of my fringe straight away, it’s basically completely out of control. I can’t leave it to dry on its own or I look like I’ve been hit with a pan. I have to dry and style my side fringe within 1 minute of washing it, or it forms a whole new personality on top of my head.

Mine looks like Poirot's moustache when I take my hat off :(

I'm sooo tempted to grow it out, and I can at least tie it back lol..

Fiona

Muddywellies

Visit site
Oh wow, so many people who dont like the hairdressers. I thought everyone loved hairdressers as I do. It's heaven, having my hair washed by someone else, a nice relaxing head massage, and then being pampeted for an hour. I dont do any beauty stuff but I adore going to the hairdresser. Heaven. (and I'm gutted to have to squash my hair down by a riding hat afterwards) :)

Hormonal Filly

Visit site
Hate going.. especially paying £30 for a cut now. Actually, I do quite enjoy the massage but its so boring. On my old yard the guy in the stable next door was a hair dresser, £5 for a cut on the hay bales after mucking out late at night suited me perfectly! I use to dampen it with a misting of hose pipe in summer!

I have a fringe, I ride before work and find it gives me terrible hat hair. Any tips for that?! I often go to work looking like I've been through a hedge and back.. its awful.

Remi'sMum

Visit site
Seems to be a general theme here that horsey people hate the hairdressers!! I bet we all probably spend hours longer grooming and pampering our horses than ourselves!!
I last went to the hairdressers 11 years ago when I got married. I’m ‘blessed’ with a mop of long curls, so every few weeks I put half over each shoulder when it’s wet and chop the ends off. Doesn’t matter if it’s not level cos when it dries and goes back to its curls it’s not level anyway. It’s literally a 10 second job and free! No way on gods green earth am I paying out to spend hours sat in chair with a cape on my shoulders making small talk with a stranger whilst being forced to look at myself in a mirror in a brightly lit room. Stuff of nightmares as far as I’m concerned!!!