Hat tagging

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
Apologies in advance for the possibly very stupid question... have my first BE80 on Friday at Stafford. Looking at the section lists, I'm in A about about 6th on the list so guessing I will have a pretty early start, as Sec A DR starts at 8am. How early will I be able to get on site? I will need to have my hat tagged and I don't want to be rushing round at the last minute and not having enough time for DR warm up.

Someone calm me down and tell me that I will have plenty of time to get number and hat tagged?! I'm having a mini panic that there won't be anyone around until just before the DR starts which won't leave me much warm up time. If I have DR at, say 8.30am, then I need to be on board for 7.50am to give horse time to settle and be listening. How early is there usually someone in the Sec's tent?

glamourpuss

Visit site
There will be somebody there from very early in the morning. I've collected numbers at 7am before (not at Stafford but they are extremely efficient & professional so I should imagine they will be available early)

almostthere

Visit site
You "might" be able to get your hat tagged, pick up numbers the day before. Doesn't always happen but often the secretaries are there getting set up when the course is open for walking...I've been able to do it a couple of times before. Either email secretary before or take your hat along just in case when you walk the course? Otherwise, don't panic they are always there early. I have been there before the car park attendants many a time.... ;)

MardyMare

Visit site
Apologies in advance for the possibly very stupid question... have my first BE80 on Friday at Stafford. Looking at the section lists, I'm in A about about 6th on the list so guessing I will have a pretty early start, as Sec A DR starts at 8am. How early will I be able to get on site? I will need to have my hat tagged and I don't want to be rushing round at the last minute and not having enough time for DR warm up.

Someone calm me down and tell me that I will have plenty of time to get number and hat tagged?! I'm having a mini panic that there won't be anyone around until just before the DR starts which won't leave me much warm up time. If I have DR at, say 8.30am, then I need to be on board for 7.50am to give horse time to settle and be listening. How early is there usually someone in the Sec's tent?

this could have been me writing lol (1) I too am doing first BE80 on Friday (2) also at Stafford (3) also section A (4) also panicking about times - we have a long journey (5) also walking Thursday afternoon (6) and finally have also decided to take my hat along just in case :) :)

Good luck and if I am not a bundle of nerves will come introduce myself :)

mil1212

Visit site
You don't need to have your hat tagged for dressage just the jumping.

I'm pretty sure you do, at least up to BE100 level

I have arrived at stafford in the dark before now and there are always people there! When you walk courses before dressage it's possible you need to be on site at 6am. Good luck!

weob

Visit site
Apologies! BE rule 7.2 does state that protective headwear must be worn for the dressage phase and must be tagged.

I thought that it didn't have to be after competing at Chepstow last year - I took my hat to be re-tagged (I cut the yellow tag off at home but the kitemark inside had worn off) so they would not retag it but said it was fine to use for dressage...

This was at BE80 and did wear that hat for dressage but bought a navy silk for my skull cap to sj.

Sorry to have hijacked your post OP ;-)

Good luck and enjoy yourself!

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
this could have been me writing lol (1) I too am doing first BE80 on Friday (2) also at Stafford (3) also section A (4) also panicking about times - we have a long journey (5) also walking Thursday afternoon (6) and finally have also decided to take my hat along just in case :) :)

Good luck and if I am not a bundle of nerves will come introduce myself :)

I'm relieved it's not just me having a mini meltdown about it all! ;) Thankfully Stafford is only about an hour's drive for me so not a horrendously long journey, but am still not looking forward to the early start! I am trying my hardest to have a reason to be either working in or driving through Stafford on Thurs afternoon so that I can drop in and walk my courses. I just can't face the thought of trying to walk them before dressage... I will forget my test! :-S

Definitely come and say hi, will drop you a PM when I know my times so you know who I am! :) I will only be a bundle of nerves for the DR, am perfectly happy about the rest provided I make sure I have enough time to walk the course properly.

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
I'm pretty sure you do, at least up to BE100 level

I have arrived at stafford in the dark before now and there are always people there! When you walk courses before dressage it's possible you need to be on site at 6am. Good luck!

Thanks! I was hoping I might have enough time between phases to walk the courses but I doubt it, so hoping to get there on the Thurs before dashing home to plait...