Hatherleigh BE90 Report

jrp204

Visit site
After our boy's decision that he doesn't like xc my daughter has stopped eventing him and was really missing it. Needing a horse for PC Camp she was offered 'Flossie' by a friend who had recently broken her hip, a rather frantic 10 days trying to get a semblence of fitness she went to camp. Had a great time, she then qualified our boy for the PC Int. Champs in Derbyshire, since we didn't fancy a 9hr drive she was offered Flossie to take to Hatherleigh instead.
After a rather eventful trip up from the depths of Cornwall, Flossie had decided she didn't actually like trailers very much so OH drove at about 30mph for most of the trip, she'd pulled off a shoe too!! Anyway, walked the course, the first 9 fences were all straight forward, some were shared with the 80cm, from then on there were several full up combinations which asked a few questions at that level. Dressage went well, 29.5%, show jumping (being marshalled by a very strict Sarah Jane), a nice course built by Zoe Gwennap all went well until the last jump where she rolled a pole, only 4 out of the 34 starters went clear. Quick change and out onto xc, a nice clear round, a little over time but daughter came back with a huge grin (1st time for ages she has actually ridden through the finish, as she would have been eliminated before then!!).
8th in her section, a great success. Luckily another friend had agreed to take Flossie back in her lorry (which she travelled in beautifully) so off home with an empty trailer and a happy daughter.

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
I've just realised reading this that you were the lady I was talking to in the SJ warm up!! Was nice to meet you even if I didn't realise it was you! :D

I'm glad your daughter had a good run and that borrowed pone coped with the hills ok :D She deserves to have fun at her age so what a great boost to ride clear on a strange horse as there were indeed several questions on the course. So question now is Flossie going to be 'borrowed' for a few more events? :D

jrp204

Visit site
Nice to meet you too SC, how did you get on? She will be doing Ladock (ODE run by Four Burrow Hunt) but after that her owner will be back on board, so probably no more BE, our boy is up for sale so we'll be looking for newby that does like to XC!

Last edited:

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Sounds like she had a great time. Hope you find a really fun horse in the future to carry on!

Rosiefan

Visit site
I can understand how much your daughter has been missing eventing and how brilliant that you have such a lovely friend. Mind you, the friend must be over the moon with that result, woohoo :)