Hattie Baggage Munstead PNplus Report!

Hattikins

Visit site
Well firstly she wasn't really a baggage but it just kinda suits her! :D In fact I was super impressed with her! Did a pretty poor dressage - nothing dire with it, just rough round the edges for our first Novice test and consequently scored 38 which was disappointing but a completely fair mark. Very pleased however that she warmed up beautifully so I know the potential is there and I can recreate her home work at competitions, just need to carry it into the arena - still work in progress but promising. No explosions at all either YAY! not even an inkling that she might :D

Cue 3 hour wait until SJing, as PNplus-ers obviously had to wait for all the PNs to jump first. Nice course, slightly sticky take offs and landings but Hatts jumped really very well - very clean and seemed really happy. So a nice clear round there :D

Quick change of tack and straight off to the XC telling myself
1. I must use an agricultural rein aid if she even entertains the idea of taking a hold out of the start box
2. I must quietly check her 10 strides out to give her the best possible approach to each fence
3. I must go inside the optimum time, but must not become a headless chicken in pursuit of it!!
4. I must enjoy it!!

and I can honestly say I can tick each of those 4 points on my checklist (very rarely is that true!) - she was an absolute dream! Went to take a hold before fence one and I held her head - she questioned my action for a split second, then agreed with me and we cruised round in a lovely rhythm, pushing her on between fences and then checking in plenty of time that she was with me before fences - worked a complete treat! So a lovely clear, inside the optimum time (which i kept in mind but didn't push for) and a very thrilled Hattikins who most certainly enjoyed it, as did the Hattie monster too!

So great day - I doubt anywhere near a placing as dressage was so incredibly poor for the section, but Im so happy to take away a double clear in preparation for SofE Novice :D

Few piccies from today: (please excuse lower leg - definitely needs a bit of securing!)

HattieMunstead029.jpg

HattieMunstead028-1.jpg

HattieMunstead030.jpg

HattieMunstead032.jpg

HattieMunstead023.jpg

HattieMunstead024.jpg

Can offer a couple of scotch eggs, half a cup of cold tea and ginger biscuits if anyone's interested! :D

HotToTrot

Visit site
Well done! I bottled it at the last minute, called up and got slotted in to a withdrawal place in PN! Just as well - disastrous SJ with two down and zero rythmn! OK dr (for me) and clear XC with a couple of time faults. Good luck for SofE, I am off to do some intense SJ.

Hattikins

Visit site
Thank you everyone!! It's nice to be back and posting upbeat positive reports again :D Hattie is thoroughly enjoying being back eventing, and seemed to like the holding ground XC - must be all that hoolying around in her bog in her field that made her feel at home!

HottoTrot: well done! good shout to move to PN if you werent 100% confident - especially with ground a little sticky in SJing. Good run XC though :D Where are you out next?

AR: Thank you! I think she probably is, well she's feeling pretty damn good but I shall not be holding my breath :D Where are you next with Blue pony?

S_J: Thanks! Looking forward to seeing you and the gorgeous Sarnie too! Will def be there as now Sunday Nov instead of Sat.

Baydale: hehe! thank you, its nice to be back! Hattie would really do far better without Numpty Dumpty me on board - amazed she puts up with it! Cant believe how appalling my leg position has become looking at those vids - no wonder i fell off at tweseldown! Where are you gang off to next?

icestationzebra

Visit site
Fantastic!
She looks just like the old Hattie! I wouldn't worry about the Novice, she looks as though she is jumping novice height anyway.

Great to see you both back enjoying yourselves..... :)

ljslaughter

Visit site
you both looked grt!! well done!!Lovely sj round Abb's!!! I didnt get a chance to see you as i was on very early and was all done by 12!! so left for home as it was a very early start 4 me!!
was the xc for the PN plus the same as the PN?? i didnt see any other bigger jumps??? .

HotToTrot

Visit site
Ha, I was pleased with XC - and hey, I didn't fall off, a la Tweseldown! Let's look on the bright side here. I am doing Nurstead next. Had planned to do PNP (I could show jump last year, honest!) but I think I will PN just in case. Also plan to go BSJA as much as I can before then, so hopefully we will sort out our gremlins.

Hattikins

Visit site
Charndrox and Archoak: Thankyou!

TGM: Yes she likes to pick her toes up! Not a fan of hitting fences thank goodness :D

ISZ: hehe thank you! She does seem to feel back on form, and I'm feeling less rusty now which is a relief! What are you up to with Hattie's white faced partner in crime? :D

LJK: Thank you! big well done to you too! Sorry I missed you - did my dressage at 12 so would have been around but you would have been leaving - dont blame you after a ridiculous o'clock start!! PNplus rode same XC and PN, just did Nov dressage and 1.05/1.10 SJing.

HtoT: Massive bonus staying on board :D Good luck BSJAing and at Nurstead!

Tabledancer: Thank you! I hope we are well prepared enough - feeling more confident now at least which much count for something!!